CycleChatters - forgive me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Never mind the bar tape colour, it's the pumps fastened to frames that hurts my eyes :eek:
That's what your jersey pockets were invented for, that and flapjack.

I have also gone through yellow to white but gave up a long time ago and went black, and never looked back.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
This was the sorry state this weekend:
View attachment 348166
I can forgive the grubby bar tape; but the top tube bag? Never!!! :thumbsdown:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Your white bar tape is now all grey and manky. So what? If it puts a hurt on your eye, get a litre of isopropyl alcohol and a stiff nail brush.

Actually, why bother?

Quite. Cleaning or changing bar tape is just a waste of riding time. Bikes are for riding, not looking at, and grubby white bar tape is evidence to anyone that's interested that you spend more of your time doing the former.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Lime green
full.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
I tried black, went back to white.

I haven't noticed my red tape getting mucky, probably because my derailleur limiters are set up all proper like, I don't end up wi' me chain coming off every 5 minute.

Top yorkshire frugal tip, there's a nice trick, simply invert the dirty tape, so once it's past it's best, you can hide the muckiest part under the wrap, exposing the fresh bit that was hidden by the wrapping. Also, if you flip the tape over, you get two more goes, with extra adhesive grip as bonus. :crazy:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I haven't noticed my red tape getting mucky, probably because my derailleur limiters are set up all proper like, I don't end up wi' me chain coming off every 5 minute.

Top yorkshire frugal tip, there's a nice trick, simply invert the dirty tape, so once it's past it's best, you can hide the muckiest part under the wrap, exposing the fresh bit that was hidden by the wrapping. Also, if you flip the tape over, you get two more goes, with extra adhesive grip as bonus. :crazy:
They'd never, ever do that where I'm from, on the other side of the Pennines and far away.

Knickers, yes. Bar tape, no.

Top Bottom