Cyclemeter or Strava?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Nobody wants you to have a go about it either though.
Look again. I started by answering the OP "As Strava charges a subscription fee, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on it I.e. Is it better than Cyclemeter? And is it worth the subscription?" but some Strava fans wouldn't let dislike go unchallenged, so I explained why my answer is basically no, Strava is far worse and not worth the subscription and Strava should be paying us compensation.

Have you ever tried to get an inappropriate race (narrow mixed-use path past a primary school) removed from Strava as a non-user?

bpsmith

Veteran
Look again. I started by answering the OP "As Strava charges a subscription fee, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on it I.e. Is it better than Cyclemeter? And is it worth the subscription?" but some Strava fans wouldn't let dislike go unchallenged, so I explained why my answer is basically no, Strava is far worse and not worth the subscription and Strava should be paying us compensation.
Compensation for what!?!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Have you ever tried to get an inappropriate race (narrow mixed-use path past a primary school) removed from Strava as a non-user?
As far as I can see your opening gambit was
Strava is antisocial unlicensed racing and if you do use it, be careful with your privacy settings because there are reports of it being used to follow nice bikes home.
Which in my opinion and it would appear to others too is not answering the OPs question, it's spouting your own rather tired and lazy stereotypes. Some people ride bikes irresponsibly and some of them use strava, however to suggest that people have only been riding bikes as quickly as they can on particular sections of road or pathways or have only been riding in an antisocial manner since strava is, frankly, bollocks. The individuals that ride like that would do it anyway.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Just stop it all you naughty furious cycling cyclists.....

This thread is comedy gold...
I like strava threads, I think that antisocial strava posts represent the cycling forums Godwins Law, it's always fun to see how long it takes for someone to throw it into the mix, mjray getting it in by post #5 is particularly impressive :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm a naughty furious cycling cyclist that doesn't use Strava... Imagine how much naughtier and furiouser I could be if I did join Strava.

Julia9054

Guru
Strava is a bit of fun. I sometimes use it locally on routes I cycle regularly. I find it a bit of a laugh to see whether I have done better or worse than previously, beaten someone I know (like my boss!) or just to get an idea about whether I am fast, middling or slow compared to others. I use it approximately 10% of the time I get on a bike.
Can't imagine why some people get so worked up about it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm a naughty furious cycling cyclist that doesn't use Strava... Imagine how much naughtier and furiouser I could be if I did join Strava.
Well you were on there for a while then came off it didn't you? So either you just weren't naughty and furious enough, or maybe, you're too naughty and furious even for strava :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom