Cycling 60 Miles a day for a month.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I'm want to bike 2000 Miles in 31 days. Last year I did 40miles a day for two months. I bike year round weather permitting. So does this even seem possible? I work a job that is physically and mentally tiering. I remember those two months I was just tired at work. But once I got on my bike nothing was going to stop me.

I'm looking for diet and supplement advice.
I'd like to hear some of your diet and supplement intake. Or point me to the right forum pages
2000 miles in 31 days is actually a daily average of 65 miles per day. You achieved 40 miles per day last year so what was the schedule you used to achieve this?
Was this a mixture of a daily commute plus weekend rides?
So to squeeze an extra 25 miles per day what is your daily plan? Where/when will the extra milage be done?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The whole thing sounds like a really bad idea to me. The cycling by itself might be doable, but trying to do that in addition to a physical job is really asking for trouble. Cycle tourists can cover these mileages day in day out, but they are just touring, - they aren't touring plus working full time plus doing all the normal domestic stuff on top.
The warning signs are already there; the OP says they were always tired at work when previously doing 40 miles a day, now they want to do 65 miles a day plus they are a year older!. Needs a total rethink, either the cycling needs to be cut down or the work hours need to be cut down. Trying to do both at the same time could result in injuries or becoming ill.

vickster

Legendary Member
Take at least two weeks off work to help you achieve it. Use a summer month (ie July or August) when it’s warmer and the days are longer.
Is this just a personal challenge, for charity? What’s the motivation?

iluvmybike

Über Member
Anything is possible if you make up yuor mind to do it and some achieve amazing feats. So much depends upon individual fitness, state of health, mindset, social situation.Preparastion for doing so needs to be planned & thought through.Are you having any kind of support or not. If not then plan how it going to work for you and think through the 'what if' scenarios. The advice above is all sensible but only you can decide at the end of the day

DRM

Guru
Personally I think it’s a bad idea, if you become very fatigued while at work, and your concentration lapses there’s a real chance of some one getting badly hurt, in heavy engineering you really need your wits about you, also the same whilst riding, lapse of concentration due to fatigue could lead to a nasty crash, even a coming together with a motor vehicle, I reckon you’ll just start to hate cycling, 60 to 100 miles a day touring is a different kettle of fish, you can always plan days off for sight seeing, this challenge will just be a slog.

OP
OP
Aldoninbike666

Aldoninbike666

Just personal goal. I'm 30 and idk if later in life I'll be able to do it. And last year my goal was 1000 Miles in a month and I did about 1250miles. And like the challenge of 2000miles. Also I'm single no kids, and this covid thing just killed any plans I had.

Top Bottom