Cycling 60 Miles a day for a month.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No, killed plans like travel and I had hoped to go to a lot of concerts and hanging out with friends. My friends take the social distancing serious.
Good but it won’t be forever :okay:
Take a month off work to do it

jay clock

Massive member
I managed 60 miles a day across America for two months (admittedly I did take all day doing it without the interruption of work). My nutrition strategy was pancakes, maple syrup, bacon and egg, topped up with loads of burgers, fries and gas station fast food. Fruit and veg minimal

I'm all for a challenge but this doesn't float my boat. Use energy drinks on the rides and a milkshake when you finish on top of ordinary food. You'll be burning a fair amount of calories.

I'm not keen on these streak things - they'll force you out when its dangerously windy or wet. And as has been said - rest is a key part of training.

It's quite likely that this will set you back fitness wise.

OP
OP
Aldoninbike666

Aldoninbike666

I'm all for a challenge but this doesn't float my boat. Use energy drinks on the rides and a milkshake when you finish on top of ordinary food. You'll be burning a fair amount of calories.

I'm not keen on these streak things - they'll force you out when its dangerously windy or wet. And as has been said - rest is a key part of training.

It's quite likely that this will set you back fitness wise.
Right now I'm doing weight lifting and what not. Hopefully idk, it will help. It's just to cold to bike now. I'll bike in the winter if it's 25 degrees fahrenheit and no ice on the roads.

OP
OP
Aldoninbike666

Aldoninbike666

I like so far what I'm getting from you guys. Some discouraging and some positive. As soon as weather let's up. Hopefully mid March I'm going hard and taking brakes. Build a better and more solid routine. Also I use Strava to keeps track of my Miles. Do you guys post or use Strava?

OP
OP
Aldoninbike666

Aldoninbike666

Also August is my target month. I also ride a mostly gravel bike path and some road. Mostly flat, some deceptively uncomfortable little hills. And if I get heavy thunderstorm forecast. I'm not going to count that day. I hope that's not cheating. 😅

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah I can't do that. 🙁
Two weeks then if you plan. Presumably you get holidays?

Cycling_Samurai

I managed 60 miles a day across America for two months (admittedly I did take all day doing it without the interruption of work). My nutrition strategy was pancakes, maple syrup, bacon and egg, topped up with loads of burgers, fries and gas station fast food. Fruit and veg minimal
I can't imagine 60 miles a day. I did 60 on Saturday in 4 hours. I usually crash after long rides post recovery intake. I'm working on 20 miles daily avg though. Did 169 miles last week and starting to do fasting 30 plus mile rides.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Personally i couldn't do 60 miles day, (everyday) even if didn't have a job or life's chores to do.
Every now and then when I'm feeling frisky i can manage 100 miles, but the next day I'm dead to the world.
Thats the thing for most people work and life gets in the way, if i had the time and means i could probably do 60 a day but this lockdown and the weather have meant im the worst i have been in years for time on the bike

Every now and then when I'm feeling frisky i can manage 100 miles, but the next day I'm dead to the world.
I know that feeling well. "There is no way I can ride this bike today" the morning after a big day.

It takes a huge effort of will to get ready and swing your leg over the top bar when it's the last thing you want to do, but no lie, the feeling goes away within 5 minutes of setting off.

There's a difference between that feeling (that can be overcome simply by riding) and the chronic issues that will be faced by someone trying to ride for 4+ hours every single day in addition to a regular life. I had a 25 mile each-way commute once upon a time, I tried doing it full time for a week and I was broken by the end of it.

Cycling_Samurai

I'm in agreement. I generally want to rest after big ride days (4 hours or more) but knocking out a few casual miles is important to muscle development from what I've read.

Top Bottom