Cycling Active Magazine ceasing publication...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
Just received the latest, and apparently last, issue of Cycling Active mag for which I took out a subscription at the end of May this year. This is the last issue according to the mag but what happens to my subscription? Anyone else in a similar position?

vickster

Legendary Member
Phone them and ask? If a direct debit, just cancel it

There's a little discussion here https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cycling-active.187191/page-2

Last edited:
OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I stopped reading all cycling mags a long time ago. All the same, full of adverts, full of articles reviewing stuff far too expensive, including bikes.
Every time I flick through a magazine in the newsagents now I feel I'm just looking at a glossy brochure from manufacturers. Cycling magazines are now aimed at consumers rather than cyclists.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They closed down Cycle Sport as well. I just got a letter saying that for each lost issue of CS I will be sent 4 issues of Cycling Weekly. Since I already have a CW sub, my subscription will be extended by (4 x missing issues of CS) weeks. Contact details were provided in case of queries. I presume that if you didn't want copies of Cycling Weekly, they would refund you the cash owed.

I stopped reading all cycling mags a long time ago. All the same, full of adverts, full of articles reviewing stuff far too expensive, including bikes.

Are there any decent mags out there? Not into all that commercial crap either, altho a few ads is expected.

Ever since I read a review of my own bike I've been questioning why I subscribe. Obviously the reviewer was pissed at not being handed the latest fashion full susser with balloon tyres and wanted to make a point.

U

User32269

Are there any decent mags out there? Not into all that commercial crap either, altho a few ads is expected.
I stopped getting mags as they are just manufacturers catalogues IMO, but have seen a few copies of Urban Cyclist and they have decent articles. I like that they have reviews for £300 bikes alongside more expensive ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo

yeah me too- got a bit tired of reading a mag that was 2/3rds adverts/advertorials for things I can't afford.

I read the Cycling UK mag that members get.

si_c

Guru
I've been seriously considering a Bicycle Quarterly subscription. It's a bit expensive, but at least it seems to be targeting something closer to what I want.

Top Bottom