Cycling Active Magazine ceasing publication...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
4 * £2.99 instead of 1 * £4.99 (Cycle Sport price) actually sounds like a good deal to me, provided that you want to read Cycling Weekly!
My bad, thought it was equal months :rolleyes:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It is equal months, but Cycling Weekly is 4 times a month (the clue's in the name ^_^)
For ColinJ it's a good deal, and presumably also OK for other Cycle Sport subscribers since the subject matter is similar.

Since the company isn't going bust, you should be able to get a refund for the unused part of your Cycling Active subscription, but you may have to ask to avoid a possible automatic transfer to CW.

Ian193

Über Member
So does this mean that I will get cycling weekly every week till my subscription expires (I buy it weekly at the moment anyway)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yes.

I received a letter from the publishers last week explaining this. Didn't you get one?
He's on their ignore list.

Sadly, I'm not surprised it's closed. Prior to their revamp, they did stand out as offering something a bit different, by trying to cover more than just your typical sportive bikes, but subsequently it was near enough the same stuff as Cycling Plus.

Although to be fair, they never bothered to copy the photo-shoots of Cycling Plus, which always seem to show very intensive young men who never smile or grimace, climbing hills, whilst gripping the very bottom of the handlebars. So not at all realistic.

MarkF

Guru
MrsF kept getting me a subscription as an Xmas present, it got pretty boring, tests of say 5 bikes that were pretty much all the same bike, plus it's regular little digs at non-helmet wearers ("no brainer") despite claiming to be impartial, drove me bonkers. It's re-vamp was stupid, focusing on tours & long ride features, really? With sites a zillion time better like crazy guy?

Tbh, I've never really read them either. Occasionally bought one if at airport for example to while away time.

I'd agree they all seem to be the same.
I find that with most mags though too.
Funny thing is, a couple of writers used to write for motorcycle mags.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Tbh, I've never really read them either. Occasionally bought one if at airport for example to while away time.

I'd agree they all seem to be the same.
I find that with most mags though too.
Funny thing is, a couple of writers used to write for motorcycle mags.

They are journalists first, cyclists second. Next week they could just as easily be writing for a computer magazine and doing the same thing, just repeating the manufacturer's PR blurb.

Top Bottom