Cycling Active Magazine ceasing publication...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kajjal

Guru
Most bike magazines are very similar and just give the impression the manufacturers want. If they gave true reviews with detail a riot would break out. Instead they just list the spec and put some general waffle in which has no real meaning and repeat.

The best example of this is the relentless magazine space devoted to plus sized mountain bikes which are useless for most people.

gaz71

Über Member
I used to get CA magazine but stopped when they revamped it.I now get Bikes etc,thats a fairly good read.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've not had a letter either, but I think my sub was about to expire anyway.

Just realised I did get a letter, in with my mag - it was on the back of the address label...

CA.jpg

Currently subscribe to Cyclist,Rouleur and Cycling plus although still getting the last few issues of my cancelled subs to Bikes etc.

Will probably always get the first two;cycling+ I got as there was a free Lezyne computer which is perfect for the other half(she just wants speed and distance)but will probably cancel when the year is up.

Did get Cycling active for a bit but seemed to grow out of it and as others have said it's just a mini cycling+ now;also had ProCycling for a while but the Inrng website and the pro cycling section on bike radar(:ph34r::secret::whistle:)keeps me up to date with pro stuff.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
FFS! I noticed the other day that Time Inc had debited my bank account, renewing the subscription for a now defunct magazine. Haven't had a chance to get in touch with them about it yet.

Today, a copy of Cycling Weekly arrived in the post. So it seems the mother-lovers have just switched my subscription over to a mag I don't want. Grrrr!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
FFS! I noticed the other day that Time Inc had debited my bank account, renewing the subscription for a now defunct magazine. Haven't had a chance to get in touch with them about it yet.

Today, a copy of Cycling Weekly arrived in the post. So it seems the mother-lovers have just switched my subscription over to a mag I don't want. Grrrr!
They did say that they would send Cycling Weekly until original Cycling Active subscriptions ran out (which is itself a bit cheeky) but renewing a subscription like that is definitely not on!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
They did say that they would send Cycling Weekly until original Cycling Active subscriptions ran out (which is itself a bit cheeky) but renewing a subscription like that is definitely not on!

My CA subscription lapsed around the same time as it folded, so I assumed my account would just be closed. I just gave the subs people a call and had my suspicion confirmed that they had indeed switched me over to a CW sub. Absolutely outrageous - and possibly even illegal.

I gave the poor woman an earful... and then apologised because I know it's not her fault personally. But I'm properly hopping mad about this.

Top Bottom