Cycling and Football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WildGooze

Regular
Anybody cycle a lot and play footy? (not at the same time obviously!)

I commute to work and switch between two bikes, mountain bike and road bike. I also play five a side once a week after work - this doesn't stop me cycling into work.

However, I've noticed that when I've been on the road bike I find it a lot harder work playing footy, my legs feel a little heavier even though I'm cycling the same distance.

Anyone else have the same experience??

I've never had that problem, perhaps you push it a little harder on the road bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back to being serious. I am too far down the line of being a cyclist, 26 years doing it serious. I cant switch sports easily. Fitness is good but muscle use is very different. TBH I was only any good at longer distance running at school, got into bikes after that, and that's me....

SimonC

Anybody cycle a lot and play footy? (not at the same time obviously!)

I commute to work and switch between two bikes, mountain bike and road bike. I also play five a side once a week after work - this doesn't stop me cycling into work.

However, I've noticed that when I've been on the road bike I find it a lot harder work playing footy, my legs feel a little heavier even though I'm cycling the same distance.

Anyone else have the same experience??

I do both, have even won a few Saturday afternoon road races, after playing football in the morning. Legs felt fine on the bike, which is probably the opposite to the question you are asking :smile:

Top Bottom