Cycling and the Coronavirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What a snow flake if they were under 70.
What if they have a family member who is categorised as high risk?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Surely could have waited outside, munched own stuff,for the stop?
Kissing and communal cake not mandatory on bike rides, not even amongst those notirious ctc reprobates?

Yep, ideal candidate to wait outside on bike watch.

Criminal activity, of course, being among those things which are not suspended.

straas

Matt
It's transmitted by touch and in the air.

If someone ahead of you sneezes or coughs, the virus will remain airborne and has the potential to infect people in a 6 foot radius.

Someone might appear fit and healthy, but you don't know if they're immunosuppresed, or have to care for a relative who is vulnerable.

People shouldn't panic, but people also shouldn't deride those who have valid concerns.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
but people also shouldn't deride those who have valid concerns.

Quite so.

My brother has just declined an invitation for a joint ride because he would have to stay in a hotel.

Staying in a hotel wouldn't bother me, but I'm not going to criticise him for not wanting to do so.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ask Borris.
Is Boris even admitting how many family members he has?

pawl

Legendary Member
What?
I'm asking you. You said anyone who wouldn't go in a cafe who was under 70 was a snowflake. Do you have same opinion if person has family member with underlying health conditions?

I'm in that category. Son has significant health issue. Am I a snowflake for avoiding places like cafes?

In my opinion no your not.some people make judgements about others. without knowing there personal circumstances

Milzy

Guru
What?
I'm asking you. You said anyone who wouldn't go in a cafe who was under 70 was a snowflake. Do you have same opinion if person has family member with underlying health conditions?

I'm in that category. Son has significant health issue. Am I a snowflake for avoiding places like cafes?
Not if you've got underlying health issues. You've got to be careful and sensible. I just think younger fit people have been over panicking too much.

Milzy

Guru
You are making that comment about someone who you don’t know.

Not the sort of comment I would expect on sight that describes its self as friendly cycling community
Not meant to be unfriendly. Maybe some people are just stressed out about potentially going bankrupt.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
First ride of the year just completed. Probably would not have gone out until April but I wanted to check the cardio system is in decent fettle for this sodding virus, pleased to say the legs gave out well before the lungs. 24miles in 1 hour 43 isnt the fastest I have even gone but I took it easy to begin and was averaging about 17mph on the last few miles. Plenty of cars still driving around. Now I just need Mrs and Toddler Roadrider400 to pop out for the morning and I can have a nap. :cuppa:

Top Bottom