Cycling and the Coronavirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I read it somewhere this morning but can't remember where, sorry. Maybe it is false information to make us feel better and more positive about it ?
Could be. I listened to an interview with a UK scientist recently explaining why it would take a year at least. But who knows? Lots of info flying around.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Just a thought. If the government really clamp down on office working and try to get everybody to work from home where practible, the roads in the morning will be a lot quieter. I am probably doing my first ride of the year this next week (fine weather cyclist) so I am hoping they announce something tomorrow.

Apologies if this thought has already been discussed. Not had time to read the thread.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
club rideron her own admission just back form italy is not doing club rides , how long till clubs start cancelling rides altogether ?
Social rides will be one of the last things to stop. They're mostly people from the same locale and it's important to keep fit when bugs are around. Racing has already started cancelling, partly because ambulance cover is unavailable rather than BC policy, but I think regional racing is still happening.

https://www.cyclinguk.org/news/stat...s-and-advice-cycling-uk-groups-and-volunteers

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/r...ritish-Cycling-Coronavirus-COVID19-Guidance-0

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My daughter went in a cafe yesterday it was packed with cyclist 🚴‍♀️.It does seem somewhat irresponsible.
Whyso? Cafe staff will be washing hands lots, hopefully patrons are on arrival, everyone should be keeping their distance (I guess it depends what you mean by "packed") and anyone at all suspecting they may have been exposed shouldn't be turning up.

(Last word edited for clarity)

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
No more irresponsible than your daughter going in.

She didn’t,She turned round and left She suffers with Bronchitis so needs to be careful in the current situation.Cycling U.K. is advising against cafe stops for large groups.I hope common sense prevails.during the current crisis.

pawl

Legendary Member
Whyso? Cafe staff will be washing hands lots, hopefully patrons are on arrival, everyone should be keeping their distance (I guess it depends what you mean by "packed") and anyone at all suspecting they may have been exposed shouldn't be turning up.

(Last word edited for clarity)
A symptomatic No apparent signs of infection but can carry and pass on infection so may not be aware.of being infected Lets not also forget symptoms do not immediately become obvious and do have an incubation period.

Milzy

Guru
She didn’t,She turned round and left She suffers with Bronchitis so needs to be careful in the current situation.Cycling U.K. is advising against cafe stops for large groups.I hope common sense prevails.during the current crisis.
We had a 15 person group cafe stop yesterday and we don't feel guilty. The cafe would have been glad of the trade as we spend almost £10 each. It's best the vulnerable take extra care. Most people will just get on with their lives until Boris says otherwise.

Top Bottom