Cycling and the Coronavirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It’s mutating

I understand the point you make and I don't underestimate the potential seriousness as outlined in your following post. Equally I could be a walker and face the same issues. Cycling is not relevant here.

In a modern society unless the country effectively shuts down social distancing is impossible. We simply have to eat.

I

Yes but not to the extent we do. Eating is almost a pastime\hobby in the UK. why when you go to the cinema for 2.5 hours you need to cram hot dogs and oversized popcorn down you neck is beyond me. My brother eats out 3 times a week - why is totally beyond me.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yes but not to the extent we do. Eating is almost a pastime\hobby in the UK. why when you go to the cinema for 2.5 hours you need to cram hot dogs and oversized popcorn down you neck is beyond me. My brother eats out 3 times a week - why is totally beyond me.
I quite agree. I find the level of obesity I see among the general population appalling and disgusting in equal measure. I have no sympathy for these people when they get ill - and they do.

lane

Veteran
Went out on a club run on Sunday stopped at the Garden centre for coffee was packed no sign of anyone worrying about contact with others at the moment. As someone said on the ride you can't put your life on hold.

lane

Veteran
In contrast I work with someone originally from China whose mum has been compulsory isolated in her house for the past 6 weeks has to get a pass to go to the shops

I quite agree. I find the level of obesity I see among the general population appalling and disgusting in equal measure. I have no sympathy for these people when they get ill - and they do.

Society is built for obesity. Basic problem is people are bored - so they go out for a meal - or go and buy a new car ..etc.

Do viruses last longer on steel, alloy or carbon surfaces? I have important choices to make. Marginal gains and all that.
Copper is best for anti bacterial properties and also anti viral. Copper plated carbon fibre is a very cool material.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was reading a similar thing on a running forum - there was a point made there that after immediately completing an endurance event you immune system takes a hit due to the stress you have put it under.

Personally keeping your cardio V intact has to be good thing with a respiratory virus doing the rounds.
Cycling need not be "an endurance event" so don't use this as an excuse not to ride!

Top Bottom