Cycling buddy wanted in Bedford.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
lol makes my 5 miles look like i sat on it and fell off lol.
result on the new light then, i use one from halfords god only knows what its called but its an ok light.
Im going out again today all going well, i have a few loops that i tend to do.
Loop one around the block thats seven and a half miles.
Loop 2 to bedford and back thats about ten miles.
Loop 3 takes me through stevington bromham, into bedford and back home thats 13 miles.
Just before my back went i was out a lot and was about ready to take a ride to luton and back.
Theres some big hills whatever way i go , ive already decided im gonna have to walk those but thats my goal.
Why luton well luton is my home town , born and bred.
Oh i have been to the garden centre in your village, a fair while back mind.
You havent mentioned your bike , what is it??
Well i would be up for a ride to Luton for sure,well anywhere actually lol.Which garden centre did yougo to,theres 2,only ask as i manage one of them so our paths may well have crossed before.
As for the hills dont let em defeat you,with time you'll soon be at the top and over the other side a lot easier than you do now,just gotta keep at em :bicycle:

Big boy

im not sure what one as i never realised there are 2, im presumin the firt one on the lhs .
That would be on the left while heading into your place and away from bedford.
What bike have you got????????

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
im not sure what one as i never realised there are 2, im presumin the firt one on the lhs .
That would be on the left while heading into your place and away from bedford.
What bike have you got????????
Ahh my place is on the right before that one,its not very noticeable from the road which is an ongoing argument with the boss i'm having,he wont let me make any changes,anyway my bike is a cheapie Viking Giro D'Italia,£220 new and total crap as standard,i have spent the winter rebuilding it with 105 5700 gear so is now1 kg lighter,20 speed as opposed to the original 14 and a lot more enjoyable to ride,i'll be posting pics when the last few bits arrive.What have you got?

Big boy

I nearly bought a viking myself from cycle king, i ended up with an ammoco.
14 spd if i remember rightly that was the same price as yours.
back later

Big boy

Ok more on the bike situation.
i couldnt get confy on a viking the reach to the bars eeemed to far for my back.
Im sure the ones i sat on had the shifters on the downtube , i wanted something on the bars.
I ended up with the ammoco in its smallest size, im 5/8 but must have short arms and legs lol.
If im honest this is a tad small but with a bit of jiggery pokery its not so bad.
Al the gears are outa the box but i did fit flat bars+ bar ends for a few different hand positions.
Funds are low this end but im sure if i had the money it would be replaced by something else.
I did fit different brake blocks to the front as the brakes werent a lot of cop, its about as good as its gonna get.
The main problem is me im not bike fit, but if i take it easy im ok.

Big boy

Still waiting for those pics ....
My mtb is a peogeot steel framed jobby, front suspension.
Ive fitted some narrower tires on it 1.5 kevlar anti puncture jobs, bike cost me 20 quid .
It was covered in dust when i bought it, looked like it had been stored for years in a garage.
It has the trigger type shifters on the bars , quick shift i think they are called.
It dont look pretty or anything but rides like it may have cost a few bob when new.

Top Bottom