Cycling code?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
eonmac

eonmac

I should be cycling where you lot are...
Lumpy. sorry about the "Carry on Screaming" hair.
armphoto.JPG

I would have stopped mate, definitely. Would have sorted you out, given the bloke on motorbike a bollocking and called the police as well. Think most people on here would have stopped, you must have been really unlucky or you must live in an area full of soulless cyclists, not good. :angry:

Norm

Welcome to CC but, bugger me, that's bad way to find out about cyclists. I'd like to think that I'd stop - heck, I usually stop if someone is standing by the road looking perplexedly at a map :laugh:

I should be cycling where you lot are...
You are already cycling where at least two of the respondents on this thread are cycling. :thumbsup:

Svendo

Guru
I stopped to help some people pushing a CAR last week on the A635 towards Holmfirth whilst out on the bike. Lads clutch had gone so needed to turn round and go back downhill to Greenfield and they couldn't get it over the kerb and off the verge. The Dad who'd turned out to rescue the lad was very grateful, as he only had two young children and the teenager to push before I turned up. Obviously lots of people had driven past and not stopped to help.

akb

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your first poor experience; things can only get better from here!
I'm pretty certain that most of the commuters on here would have stopped to make sure all ok, me included.
Looks like a nasty gash. What was the BMW excuse for his poor maneuver? I hope you took details and reported? Was an incident warranting a report IMO.

OP
OP
eonmac

eonmac

Happy to be standing up after the bash, so did not bother with BMW's info.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Faith restored. Have put extra stuff in my bag in case I see any cyclist in trouble. cheers all.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Nope - I'm a commuter and would have stopped. It's all down to the individual. To me spending 5 mins to see if a fellow cyclist is OK/needs to borrow a repair patch/tyre lever so they can get back on their way is time well spent. If they're a commuter then the chances are that you both usually pass on your routes to/from work and they may be in the position to help you one day!!

Same here- even if my offers of help are normally met with 'are you bonkers?' type looks! Funny lot around here.

subaqua

What’s the point
You're in London - what did you expect.

ah wonderful stereotyping . London all miserable buggers. ^_^

not all of us who live in London wouldn't stop. Have stopped plenty of times to offer help. Gave a tube to one guy, helped an old boy fix a puncture , done the tie a knot in a tube to get another victim of a puncture on their way. slowed up may times and asked " You Ok " only to be waved on my way with a thanks am fine.

Have also been on the receiving end of niceness when i have been dealing with Punctures.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I've stopped twice to help people within the last month or so and given them my tools to use to free up chains etc..... just before christmas I had a puncture, then pump failure. I reckon 50+ cyclists went by, not a peep. They are all bar stewards, I on the other hand will contine to let people access my tool:wacko:

jim55

Guru
You're in London - what did you expect.
il prob get flamed for this but this illustrates the diff in mentality down in london ,i wager youd have got a diff response most other places ,,its just the me me me mindset down there ,,totally diff mindset for most people down that way

Top Bottom