cycling in high winds... which bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
Same here, an almost ideal wnw 19 - 41 mph for the ride home :becool:
I'm sure that famous 360 degree headwind will come into play as soon as you set off.

Berties

Fast and careful!
did the commute as normal ,why does the wind never come in the direction to help me,on the way back i was going down a 5 degree hill pedaling like mad to acheive 14 mph,not helping the average speed but was a truly bracing 32 mile ride

D

Deleted member 1258

As it was wet this morning I took the car, conditions seemed similar to Sunday tonight, but on the A444 I could feel the car moving round a little bit as the gusts caught it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Headwind home. That was slow going
2008-01-22.gif

U

User33236

I commuted on my CX as usual today in the Manchester area. Some nasty cross winds in the usual places that I was prepared for near the start (end on the way home).

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I got blown off the cycle path this morning, luckily I was in a park at the time and I went onto the grass, never came off the bike though.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Upper spine problem saved me from enjoying a longer ride this morning, but used #3 (Ridgeback hybrid) to pop out for my part-time job, early this evening. Tailwind there = top gear and some gawping motorists; headwind back = some pretty low gearing, but also one surprised twenty-something (thirty years my junior on BSO) casting an amazed look across as I hurtled (relatively) past. :becool:

Reactions: 4F

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not very windy on my commute in, the storm unleashed while I was at work.
All quiet again after 5pm.
Lots of other cyclists about, not many in the morning, but then it was 6.30am when I set out.

Top Bottom