Cycling in Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
thanks for that the book i had gave it to a buddy in the UK .
like the map of the wild atlantic way might buy that one even tho im not heading that way but sure plans might change.
Thread on here for that, that'll take you to the site.

classic33

Leg End Member
A word of caution/warning.
Some UK camping sites are listing sites that have either closed or no no longer accepting tents. Some have been this way for a few years, but they're still listed as camping sites.
Some local Tourist Information Centres have been closed, with others located no-where near, now dealing with enquiries. Some of these Tourist Information Centres are listed in 2017 books as being open.

Came to light as I was trying to put together a list of camp sites/B&B's up the East Coast of Clare and Galway.

robing

Über Member
In 2014 I cycled the long way round Ireland from Rosslare to Belfast. I loved it. B and bs very plentiful, camping less so in some areas. Small enough to comfortably get round. Get off the beaten track and the roads are quiet. One tip - in the west the coast roads are flattish. But if you take any short cuts across a peninsula it will mean a big climb.
Also don't forget northern Ireland, the coast road is amazing round Antrim.

jags

Guru
snowing here at the moment just in from a 10 mile test spin on the new bike nearly frooze to the bars ,roll on the summer.winter should be banned forever,:cold::cold:

classic33

Leg End Member
snowing here at the moment just in from a 10 mile test spin on the new bike nearly frooze to the bars ,roll on the summer.winter should be banned forever,:cold::cold:
Rode over there in '96/97, often the only thing on wheels moving on the roads.

Pedal a bit harder or faster.

Top Bottom