Cycling In The Rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Best not to wear a helmet it might melt ;)

Most cycling waterproof jackets have a pull cord at the back of the neck so that you can tighten it up round the neck to stop the water getting in. It usually works but it is best not to over tighten it...

Losidan

riding in the summer when it is lashing it down was always a fav of mine...in fact now i think of it, the worse the weather...the more i liked riding!
must be something to do with battling the elements or something!

Noodley

Ed68 said:
To be honest I don't particularly want to wear one but I guess it's best to be able to see where you're going!

It's not like it's going to affect how i look considering I'll be wearing a 'geeky looking' helmet anywhere. It is a black Specialized helmet so not too bad but think they all look pretty awful!

I meant if you insist wearing a helmet :angry:

Cycling caps are well cool.

OP
OP
E

Ed68

Noodley said:
I meant if you insist wearing a helmet :angry:

Cycling caps are well cool.

Aaah, now I got ya'.

The missus always makes sure I wear it! I'm only semi joking as well as she knows someone whose life was saved by one.

DLB - I would have loved to have seen that. No chance you were wearing a helmet cam?!?

Joe - I got so much grief for coming in and dripping rain water 'everywhere' (slight exaggeration).

It is invigorating cycling into the rain and wind when your dripping wet through though.

OP
OP
E

Ed68

Noodley said:
Did he bail out a sinking boat with it? :angry:

I don't know about your helmet (if you've got one of course) but mines full of holes so would be no use for bailing out.

Top Bottom