Cycling in the wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's not very appealing out this evening. All sorts of stuff is crashing and banging outside in the back gardens. Even if my skip rescues were back in one piece and ready to ride, I'd still be walking to the pub . I just don't view cycling as an activity that improves with a dose of masochism. If weather conditions are unpleasant I give it a miss and use another form of transport. Riding in strong gusty winds in urban traffic is asking for trouble. Dangerous.

It was a gusty side wind across Belmont and Bolton tonight. Oh, and it was very wet, but no change there, it always rains in Belmont.
The roads where the wind as at it's worst were mainly back roads. The main roads were a lot more sheltered.

The Rover

Guru
It was a gusty side wind across Belmont and Bolton tonight. Oh, and it was very wet, but no change there, it always rains in Belmont.
The roads where the wind as at it's worst were mainly back roads. The main roads were a lot more sheltered.

My commute is from Blackburn into Astley Bridge via Tockholes and it's a scary ride in and around Belmont when it's windy in all that open space.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was being blown a metre off course by gusting winds on Hammersmith Broadway this evening. Not a lot of fun in four lanes of busy traffic. The Thames Path had headwinds that brought me to a complete standstill (OK, not difficult). I turned tail and went home.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
38km to the pub and back. Gusty out and wet back.

Top Bottom