"Cycling Incident"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
I don't know of any research, but there the story of the grey Manchester United away kit they used for only one half because even when skilled footballers were looking for their colleagues they knew were known grey to pass to, they found them harder to locate.
I know, I bought it for the kids, after that they never wore them again. That was 30 quid down the pan.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Cyclist safety: the weather, clothes and colour coordination:

• Do not wear grey on a murky day.
  • Do not wear black at night.
  • Do not wear white when it has snowed or there are lots of big, cotton wool-like, white clouds in the sky.
  • Do not wear blue on a bright sunny day with an azure sky.
  • Do not wear red when it's a red sky at night, otherwise you'll be in for a vehicular fright!
  • Ride naked when there is a rainbow - you can't be sure to be seen in any garment. Avoid World Champ jerseys at all costs.

Leaway2

Lycrist
My take on this is that that army use different camouflage depending on where they are in the world. Sand, white, green etc. This makes them harder to see. Motorists should be aware, but you can make it easier to be seen by wearing a brighter more light reflecting colour. This would stand out against most backgrounds.

Top Bottom