Cycling Independent Reform Commission

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran

I think it should have it's own thread this.

I've only read the summary on Race Radio so far, so there may be more but in the summary I was disappointed to note that the thorny issue of rehabilitation of past offenders and how they should be viewed and whether they should be re-integrated into cycling has not really been tackled. Perhaps there's more, I'll try reading through it later.

Reading through a lot of the summaries at the moment. In particular, current doping practises, which is quite depressing. There was one encouraging paragraph though, taken from the Cyclingnews article

"A common response to the Commission, when asked about teams, was that probably 3 or 4 were clean, 3 or 4 were doping, and the rest were a "don’t know". However the lesser benefits of doping has meant that many riders now "believe that they can have a career riding clean." The CIRC report considers this "a key development in the fight against doping."

So what we're looking for now is super lean riders who've lost weight quickly. I'm thinking of a few teams who fit that description.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The worst aspect was the conclusions about the prevalence of doping in junior and amateur racing - some pros interviewed were quoted as saying that the Gran Fondos were so 'competitive' now that they didn't think they could win them, and Masters level riders were training (and doping) like pros from the 1990s.

U

User169

The worst aspect was the conclusions about the prevalence of doping in junior and amateur racing - some pros interviewed were quoted as saying that the Gran Fondos were so 'competitive' now that they didn't think they could win them, and Masters level riders were training (and doping) like pros from the 1990s.

A bit rich given that Gran Fondos have been the traditional hunting ground of those with somewhat dubious reps.

oldroadman

Veteran
A bit rich given that Gran Fondos have been the traditional hunting ground of those with somewhat dubious reps.
A certain Ricardo Ricco springs to mind.Could he be related to the pro who almost killed himself messing about with "supplements". I wonder?
If UCI are serious about these events turning into an "Amateur World Championship" then testing needs to come in, and fast, not just for the first few but in the "age group" categories too.

Top Bottom