cycling Injury Survey

In the last 12 months have you been injured cycling due to falling or being knocked off

• Yes

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 78 71.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Niet.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My own stupid fault: a slack chain on the fixed locked the wheel downhill at 35mph (according to my following companion). I slid down the road on hip and elbow. That was nearly a year ago. Scars still showing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Those are the injuries that get reported. There must be 10, 20, (whatever) times as many unreported injuries, as you seem to think too. The thing is - it is no use just asking us because you will get a small number of replies and most of those will be from people who HAVE been injured.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Exactly Colin, it's a bit like when you ask about medical matters and you get replies only from people who've had that problem.

FWIW I used to fall off my mountain bike at least twice in any ride but never fast enough to hurt myself badly. Haven't fallen off or crashed the roadie yet....

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Mrs L always looks surprised when I return from a ride in one piece. She expects the worst since a bad year when I had a fall and a SMIDSY.

Had another bruising fall 15 months ago and nearly went over the handlebars recently. I should probably get a trike.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes :blush: I think it was in last 12 months. Came off, road rash to leg, trip to minor injuries for check over and wound dressing

Top Bottom