Cycling mags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They're ok for a one off, but I just use Feedly and import RSS feeds from my favourite blogs and sites. Perfectly acceptable for a quick browse on tablet at home, or in a browser during lunch my break.

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
Boneshaker no adds great read something for everyone love it.
for nor much more you can buy a good book the price of magazines is just stupid.

Boneshaker no adds great read something for everyone love it
Thanks for the tip. Looks good based on their website and I see it's stocked in one shop in Hull so I think I'll treat myself to a copy when I pass by next week.

Are any of the mags any good for covering great UK road routes? I sometimes get Country Walking magazine and that's great for covering a variety of UK rambling routes with maps and wondered if any cycling mags do similar?

I like Cyclist but as @w00hoo_kent says it's full of trips I'll never be able to afford to go on and gear I don't need.

Keith Oates

Janner
I was in Hong Kong last week and saw the Bikes Etc. magazine at the airport. I'd never even heard of it before so bought a copy and it was a fairly good read but the cover price is #4.75 which is not cheap.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bpsmith

Veteran
I don't believe Bikes Etc is any more expensive than Cyclist, their sister mag, or any other cycling mags on the newsagent shelf tbh.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Cycling Weekly is decent. In fact it's worth it for Dr Hutch's column alone. I don't bother with the glossies anymore. They're normally filled with articles about sportives, and 'essential kit' I can't afford!

Cyclespeed

£5 strikes me as far too expensive for a magazine with repetitive features, poor testing, and full of expensive adverts. £2 would be more like it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Must admit I'm getting a bit bored with Cyclist but I do enjoy reading it on the bog and dreaming of warm summer days.

I always buy something like Cycling Plus at the airport when heading out on a 2 week trip. It's good for on-the-bog reading in hotels and reminds me of what I love doing when I'm not bored out of my brain in some godforsaken African hotel.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have stopped buying cycling mags a long time ago, they are far too expensive, too repetitive , full of adverts and things I don't need or can't afford. In short, a waste of money. I get bike radar on my tablet, it is free and a lot more informative in my opinion.

bpsmith

Veteran
I have stopped buying cycling mags a long time ago, they are far too expensive, too repetitive , full of adverts and things I don't need or can't afford. In short, a waste of money. I get bike radar on my tablet, it is free and a lot more informative in my opinion.
I love the irony!

BikeRadar. Owned and run by the Immediate Media Company. Their business is magazines. Just filtering down to the cycling element...

bpsmith

Veteran
image.jpg

Top Bottom