Cycling Proficiency Badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've still got mine! Did the test back in '85.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've got mine.... mum gave me an old box of badges in a clear out and I decided to keep that one but chucked most of the rest of the badges in the box.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
IMG_1007.JPG

I had a look in my box of bits , probably lost the badge but I found these .
I might sew the badge onto my club skin suit :laugh:

Hyslop

Veteran
Just as well you weren't in Carlisle,Radio Raffles(our local bobby)would probably have taken your badge away.He seemed to hold sway over the South and West of the city,but I think all he really did was cycle tests!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Yep still got mine from the mid 60s and the certificate. Both are in the loft. A couple of the things in one of those boxes which just sort of moves with you and if you have the storage space, never gets culled in a house move.
IIRC the pin on the back is bent. I think they are in the same box as Mrs B's school reports.:angel:. (In contrast to mine which somehow met an accident :whistle:)

Will Spin

Über Member
Ha, I haven't still got mine, but I do remember having to learn to do that weird flapping of the right arm whilst slowing down to stop at the kerb, apparently a hand signal, instantly recognisable by following motorist that meant,"I'm just about to wobble into the kerb and fall off". Happily forgotten as soon as I passed the test.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yep, still got mine and posted a pic of it on here a while ago. Passed the test in the playground of Trimley St. Mary CP School 1975.

robgul

Legendary Member
Yep - I think it's 58 or 59 years on from the test (oh, and I've still got my Boy Scouts Patrol Leader badge from 1961 - that's the regular badge but in silver!)

Rob

Top Bottom