Cycling snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ooooooooooooooo

Take no notice of them, ride and wear what you are comfortable with, We are after all now entering the Poser season, so there plenty of riders out and about with there super bikes and named clothing, But you only have to look at their calf muscles to see that they are only posing weekend warriors..LOL.

yello

Can you tell the difference by looking at their calf muscles?

I know you know not to 'judge a book by its cover'. That's all I am saying :smile:

middleman

Regular
I have a fairly good and expensive bike with kit thanks to cycle to work. Problem is my body has a bit of catching up to get to the same level, I always wave or nod though and then curse when the ignoramus doesn't acknowledge..

Take no notice of them, ride and wear what you are comfortable with, We are after all now entering the Poser season, so there plenty of riders out and about with there super bikes and named clothing, But you only have to look at their calf muscles to see that they are only posing weekend warriors..LOL.
Yep, that's Bob on:laugh:

I've just brought my Carlton over from storage in my Mother's shed. It's 30 years old and I've not touched it since the head-on episode five years ago.
Tomorrow I'll just put my unpadded shorts on with a sweat top and mountain bike shoes and test ride it round Penistone.
I don't give a stuff what anyone says.

ayceejay

Guru
I've just brought my Carlton over from storage in my Mother's shed. It's 30 years old and I've not touched it since the head-on episode five years ago.
Tomorrow I'll just put my unpadded shorts on with a sweat top and mountain bike shoes and test ride it round Penistone.
\
Yet if you hadn't posted it here no one would know let alone say anything and personally I couldn't care less: you are just not that important whether in Lycra or Crimplene.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I live a few hundred yards away from a cyclopark for roadies and mountain bikers (Fowlmead). Apparently its pretty good but i have only been on the track once as it's far too boring for me but its great for the big local Tri team to train on.

The park has a good cycle path leading up to it past my house and you do see all sorts going in however Sunday mornings its a fleet of carbon mamils in and out. One week i was convinced SKY had started training there the amount of team kits going in.

mobi

I have noticed same snobbery in other forums e.g. photography.

There people tend to focus on gears like expensive camera, lenses etc.

One can take take a good picture with cheap camera and rubbish photo with an expensive lens!

It is person that matters not the gadget :biggrin:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At least you can say to any snobs "Well you ain't riding a Carlton" :wub:

Top Bottom