Cycling snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@screenman as age goes there was a lady there 93 years oldest naturist in the U.K. I believe.

I am sorry but your post did not read that way to me. I apologise for missing your point.
I have to admit I do have time on my side for the mileage bit, but quite seriously the only people that over take me usually are people that have been riding absolute yonks, their bike might be some 2-3kgs lighter but cost aprrox what mine has cost me, club riders or those in serious training, as I pointed out in an earlier post there is very little of it round here, I have to admit on occasion I have missed a passing cyclist because I was concentrating on something else but usually most people acknowledge each other.

bpsmith

Veteran
I think the point I was making is expensive kit doesn't make the photographer or cyclist, but the person behind the lens or on the bike.
Wasn't aimed particularly at you Nige, as you're not normally the protagonist in this type of discussion.

My point still stands though. It winds me up when people genuinely judge based on someone having an expensive bike.

@bpsmith you know me too well, the guy I was refer to that called me materlistic was a guy over on youtube, can't remember quite why he did, but it something to wit the God v Science thing, I had posted some false images of Nibiru look it up if you want earth changing event this Sept apparently well you know how conversations can go,
I built my current system about 4 years ago, intel Quad core Q9400 with 8Gb of ram, it currently sports 3 1TB drves 2x250GB and 2x160GB a resonable graphics card, it has had two in at times sporting up to 4 displays, (do a lot of photography and dable and some 3D Art renders, not that I am good at that) total build cost no more than say £600 excluding monitors. Its performance has only recently dropped out of the top 500 processors.

His next post to me was what kit he was getting, total cost over $20,000, now he might make a living at it, so I can understand that, but to call me materlistic, and in the next post, boasting (or seeming to) that amount of money, well.............

Last edited:
Top Bottom