Cycling stop off venue advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'd suggest chatting to Emma and her team for a bit of good publicity and encouragement. Not yet, but when you are up and running.
That would be a good move. It might be worth the OP or his friend attending the next Shropshire Cycle Forum meeting on the 25th of September (Details here) where it will be possible to meet some of the contacts at the council and local representatives of the CTC and Sustrans.

OP
OP
K

kasilof

Thank you folks for all your thoughts and ideas. If you have more please keep them coming. I will let you know what is happening once any decisions have been made. With your help we have been able to formulate a picture of what is required. That can now be put into a plan and then hopefully implicated. There is always different opinions and this is why forums such as this are a great source of information, it helps us to see what points are raised and what appears to be priority.Attending the meeting could be a very good idea.

Thanks again

OP
OP
K

kasilof

Both, Kas. I suspect you're thinking of your car parking space :smile:
Yes, it is a case of getting a profile of what cyclists do and if some folks wanted to travel from further afield then that naturally opens up different considerations. I think that with the help of the local cycling community we could soon bring together some recommended routes. We would then need to consider longer term parking which isn't a problem and local B+B options. I know we would be able to grow into the whole scene but its much better to have a head start on what might be required.
In addition I feel that if a cyclist or group of cyclists are traveling to the area for a day trip then as they will be based here longer than a normal stop off enroute they would be more dependent on the venue. That's a consideration that has to be catered for and thought through. I think it is important to do the job properly from the outset.

Top Bottom