Cycling Sunglasses - OBSESSED!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I am like Smokin Joe, except I do not have sunglasses.
You are missing out! I managed to change the lens's this morning, not easy!! But they look even more amazing now!

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Surely looks should not be the first on the list. First how well they protect your eyes. (you only get one pair of eyes) second comfort, third looks.:okay:
But then i am a man, so what do i know.

I totally agree, Thankfully all of the lense's that came with it have Polarised UV400 or something?!

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
As I mentioned I wear Bolle safety glasses, I have three pairs. One pair has a light yellow tint which I wear mainly in the winter months or when ever the light level is low, they improve visibility. The other pair of Bolle Contours are dark which I wear when it is bright, but not so dark that I can`t see pot holes. My final pair are not as dark and perhaps I wear them mostly, if there is a mixture of sun and cloud. I am not sure of the model but they have plastic arms which I have moulded to go round the head. I check the forecast before I set out ( looking out of the window). If I hit a pot hole it is not because of the glasses being too dark but usually concentrating on traffic etc.

I never used to bother with specific cycling glasses until I had partial retina tears in both eyes a few years back. The surgeon told me to wear the wrap-around types to avoid the risk of wind getting into my eyes. I did try to tell him that, at the speeds I ride, there is little risk of strong winds getting into my eyes but he persuaded me it was a good idea.

My sister worked in an opticians and managed to get me a pair of prescription cycling glasses, with vari-focal lenses for use in cafe stops, at staff rates.

They work OK, but I still feel like a poser in them.

Anyone else have a weird obsession with buying lots of the same but different styles etc?

Since cycling more seriously, and seeing on Amazon how many different styles of sunglasses there are...I have quite a few pairs now...different styles....but these are my two most recent acquisitions....Thoroughly love them! Bit dubious sometimes with the price and reviews sometimes...but thoroughly pleased so far! Definitely like the bigger style, always have to make sure the side arms are thin or low though especially for cycling on the road.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-TIGER-Su...ords=x-tiger&qid=1556863261&s=gateway&sr=8-3&

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QGXGV2N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hoping to look as awesome as possible this summer!! :shy::sun:
No , however i do have a bit of a trainer collection going on .......wearing them not sniffing them . Just to clear that up.

hoopdriver

Guru
You dont need glasses for that , this is how you finish a race :okay:

Looking for her contact lenses?

Top Bottom