Cycling & Weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I would say it's a balance of the two. If you can do a serious amount of exercise then you can still lose even if you eat a fairly normal diet. I eat around my maintainance calories but lose week in, week out because I do a lot of diverse exercise.

If your diet is very bad though, it's a different kettle of fish. So yes - it is very important... a balancing act!

gixerlass

I droped from 119 kgs to 73 kgs in 7 months through eating less, not necessarily better mind, and combined gym and swimming!! still losing now thou with just cycling and sensible calorie intake and beer is a killer so moved over to vodka instead which doesnt have the same effect, lol ;-)

Sent via Turniptalk

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I droped from 119 kgs to 73 kgs in 7 months through eating less, not necessarily better mind, and combined gym and swimming!! still losing now thou with just cycling and sensible calorie intake and beer is a killer so moved over to vodka instead which doesnt have the same effect, lol ;-)

Sent via Turniptalk
Excellent work :smile:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm actually coming round to this way of thinking now myself TBH
Gotta give the fire enough coal otherwise it goes out:bicycle:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I think these guides as too how many calories you burn cycling are seriously flawed.

A fat unfit person of for argument sake 14 stone will burn a lot of calories cycling 30 mins at 13 mph will arrive back hot and sweaty. A muscular fit person of the same weight will barely break out in a sweat and achieve the same ride with far less energy burned up.

Top Bottom