Cycling Workouts: Discussion/Encouragement/Sharing/Banter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
2 x 7 x 30 / 30 VO2 max today. I have one of my events this weekend, and thus this session has doubled up as a primer, with reduced sets.

View attachment 688148

Good luck on your event. What is this one?

bobinski

Legendary Member
After 3 days of rowing, walking and core work I rode Mountain Massif last night and Amalgam this morning. I think Amalgam is a pretty good workout for hill or mountain climbing. Well, I hope so!

Attachments

• 2E1F9A29-EBC0-40B7-ADCC-52FA6B97535D.png
    2E1F9A29-EBC0-40B7-ADCC-52FA6B97535D.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ABEF4D53-B01E-4888-8B7C-2BC3CA6E186D.png
    ABEF4D53-B01E-4888-8B7C-2BC3CA6E186D.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yep, that is nuts!

I went to a Form of -55 after my Calpe week and it has taken me about 10 days to recover fully.

Garmin gives me 83 hours recovery. Which isn’t too far out, for a 400km outing I generally allow 4 days for recovery. I’ll do an easy recovery ride on Monday, recovery walk tomorrow. Though I try to keep events at 400km or above at least two weeks apart.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Recovery ride outdoors yesterday. Legs remarkably good considering, but could feel the fatigue up some gentle hills. Decided against a ride today as going to get a walk in, instead.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Another Threshold Builder today which I decided to do outside in between the thunder showers.

5 x 4 mins @ 310W (112.5% FTP) with 5 min recoveries. Found it relatively easy.

Quite a big week this week - next is 8 x 45 sec @ 480W with 5 min recoveries at Tempo. Final session is 2 x 20 min sweetspot and 45 mins mid-tempo. Add in a 2hr recovery ride and a 3 hr endurance ride and that is the week.

bobinski

Legendary Member
A sufferfest workout for me today-old school style Rue The Day. 24x 40s at ftp plus 45w. Power pedals reading 35-50w higher than the neo bike despite manual and auto calibration. I decided to trust the bike. Legs are tingling!

1683654549382.png

bobinski

Legendary Member
I woke with the intention of doing a 45-60 min z2 before rushing off to work. But once on the bike I knew it would be too much of a slog so chose this instead. I think just the right level of intensity. Properly fueled just in case.

52AE663E-2D6C-4258-B43C-CAD2035318E3.png

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Nice wakeup session.

I have a 2hr recovery ride to do today. I'll do the first half with Wendy on her spangly new bike and carry on solo afterwards. I think my form must be good as I am itching to get at the hard workouts planned for later in the week.

CXRAndy

Guru
I woke with the intention of doing a 45-60 min z2 before rushing off to work. But once on the bike I knew it would be too much of a slog so chose this instead. I think just the right level of intensity. Properly fueled just in case.

View attachment 688963

You need to do these fasted Bob. Just incase you get separated and have to fend for yourself on the PR ^_^

Top Bottom