Cycling Workouts: Discussion/Encouragement/Sharing/Banter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
You need to do these fasted Bob. Just incase you get separated and have to fend for yourself on the PR ^_^

I am not a believer. If i was a fair bit over weight then yes, perhaps, but at the moment, avoiding any risk of over training or fatiguing the body too much seems the best way forward. And we know i will be riding alone. Got earphones and music player sorted ^_^

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I am not a believer. If i was a fair bit over weight then yes, perhaps, but at the moment, avoiding any risk of over training or fatiguing the body too much seems the best way forward. And we know i will be riding alone. Got earphones and music player sorted ^_^

Fair chance you will find someone with similar capabilities in the group.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did 2 x 7 x 30 / 30 VO2 today, have some low cadence work tomorrow, keeping volume down to about half the usual, whilst maintaining intensity. I’m almost back to that optimum form window for training!

IMG_5132.jpeg

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Tough one today.

8 x 45 secs @ 460-480W with 5 min recoveries at Tempo

Overall ride was 2hrs 10 mins and I got absolutely soaked :okay: :rain:

Managed to hit the power targets although my tempo recoveries were right at the bottom of Tempo range.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
I have an AI that sorts it for me. There’s a lot of chat about ChatGPT.I’m finding AI applied to training and backed by science a lot more useful.

Where can one get one’s own AI coach? My Garmin coach is a bit regimented

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
I’ve continued to follow a Garmin coaching plan. So far so good - in the middle of a base building phase. I e altered my commute route to a more flatter route so it’s more conducive to being able to hold the desired power.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Garmin thinks tonight's threshold wo was a VO2 max one. Maybe my overs were a bit too much over but I find it easier to punch a bit above threshold rather than at it for some reason. It doesn't look way over to me though and I only spent 48s in the VO2max HR zone :wacko:

View attachment 689150

View attachment 689151
Its had the effect of pushing up my VO2Max to the highest its been for a while.

View attachment 689152

That is a very good VO2 Max :okay:

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I signed up to https://athletica.ai/ last May. Initially paying monthly but went to annual subscription once I saw I was getting results with it. It’s really good for my mentality as I can do the assigned work indoors or outdoors. Given a choice I prefer outdoors. If I do more than scheduled or less it adjusts subsequent sessions to ensure progressive overload. Getting good results with it and haven’t felt this fit in ages.

@IrishAl

Top Bottom