Cyclist abuses woman after he rode two abreast.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Ah that's right.
If a big guy with pumped muscles cuts us up in his white van we're to say nothing?
Don't think so.
People in the wrong gobbing off need putting right regardless of size.

Twilkes

Guru
On a happier note, on my afternoon ride around the forest I encountered a lady coming the other way. I was just about to dismount and let her come by when she stepped of the path and let me past. I touched the brim of my baseball cap, turned on my winning smile, and said "thank you, Madam" as I trundled by, and she beamed back at me. It's that easy - anyone, regardless of transport mode, that can't manage a bit of civility should be allowed out in public.

Gunk

Guru
Although legally entitled to ride in the middle of the road, he was an absolute a55hole for behaving the way he did

Cyclists get confused about this, rule 66 of the Highway Code states:

• never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
So there is not an automatic right to ride two abreast, only where conditions allow.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Based on whose definition of narrow, busy and bendy?

It's bollocks advice

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern

• never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
So there is not an automatic right to ride two abreast, only where conditions allow.
You have the right to do it, other people have the right to ask you to stop, you have the right to tell them to bog off.

boydj

Legendary Member
Well, she started it! He's a bit uncouth, but then we don't know how closely he was passed and what got his adrenaline going. It could be he's got a short fuse, or there could be more than just a bit of horn involved.

As for the scratches, I don't see how they could have happened when he is between his bike and the car in the bit of the confrontation that we can see.

Drago

Legendary Member

Similarly, there is no rule that permits drivers to use the horn as anything other than a warning device.

BigMeatball

Ah that's right.
If a big guy with pumped muscles cuts us up in his white van we're to say nothing?
Don't think so.
People in the wrong gobbing off need putting right regardless of size.

Yes, but I'm sure the cyclist's behaviour would have been different and more civilized. He would have given the same message, but in a more polite way.

In this situation instead, given he saw a woman at the wheel, he felt like he could get away with raising his voice and behaving like a high school bully.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
His aggression is probably overkill, but how do we know he hasn't had a crap day with other drivers acting like nobs?
I've been that angry in the past after a series of poor/selfish passes and other road fu**ery from drivers.
It's all too easy to get wound up about it.
No. Its very easy NOT to get wound up about it. If I am still up on 2 wheels, you can beep at me all you want. I will just think you are a twxt. If you go off on one like the guy in the clip. You could end up on here. That guys life is going to be a misery for weeks. He will end up making a grovelling public apology and a feeble justification.

Last edited:
Top Bottom