Cyclist assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
just dared to have a look at the daily mail comments, incredibly all the worst rated red arrowed comments are the anti cycling ones and the top comment is a fairly sensible one, most surprised.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Bloke on the bike was deliberately holding up the cars behind him, as they had anti-fox hunting protestors trying to catch up with a fox hunt to check they were only chasing a scent, not an actual fox. Hence the camera in the car which would be used to film the hunt. One protestor gets annoyed about being held up and reacts as seen. Protestor later complains of assault as she feels she has a right to move the male out of the road as he was causing a wilful obstruction, after all that's what's been used against her/other protestors to move them out of the road. She's not smart enough to realise that the video doesn't paint her in a good light.

That's my take on it anyway, I stress pure conjecture from what I've found on i from this thread, but it all seems to make sense!
I think that is probably the most apt explanation of the situation.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Bloke on the bike was deliberately holding up the cars behind him, as they had anti-fox hunting protestors trying to catch up with a fox hunt to check they were only chasing a scent, not an actual fox. Hence the camera in the car which would be used to film the hunt. One protestor gets annoyed about being held up and reacts as seen. Protestor later complains of assault as she feels she has a right to move the male out of the road as he was causing a wilful obstruction, after all that's what's been used against her/other protestors to move them out of the road. She's not smart enough to realise that the video doesn't paint her in a good light.

That's my take on it anyway, I stress pure conjecture from what I've found on i from this thread, but it all seems to make sense!
Easy to see that with the full video and background story, looks a lot different when you have the narrow view from the shortened clip.

GrasB

Veteran
it does seem odd that someone would have a camera in their car...
Been videoing my driving for far far longer than I've been videoing my cycling. The same things apply really, if you review situations you didn't feel you handled that well or things that you thought you handled well 'by luck' the reviewing the footage gives you the chance to learn a lot about what happened.

Sara_H

Guru

I don't think she's one of the anti hunt monitors, if you listen to the dialogue in the foxy lady video the anti hunt people don't seem to know who she is.

I suspect she's an unrelated motorist caught up behind it all.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Looks fake to me.

Top Bottom