Cyclist crushed by bus on Oxford Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
User3143 said:
Generally speaking it's more to do with cyclists taking up cycling who have not really got a clue how to ride a bike in traffic and making stupid mistakes.

ref: BM's vid that he posted a couple of weeks ago.

I wondered if that was an issue. I wonder if these chaparoned groups that went out during the rail strikes could be revitalised and come back and offer newbies some useful advice.

Sometimes I feel like putting an advert across my pannier bag or rack with this website or something on it.

I see plenty of newbies down here too, but again, we dont seem to have the levels of traffic they have in London. I do think its only right we experienced cyclists also set an example. After all some people are like sheep...

...mind you, sounds like this is all irrelevant given how the poor woman died.

Crankarm

Guru
User3143 said:
Generally speaking it's more to do with cyclists taking up cycling who have not really got a clue how to ride a bike in traffic and making stupid mistakes.

ref: BM's vid that he posted a couple of weeks ago.

Isn't a little premature to start casting aspertions in what is quite clearly an awful and very distressing fatal collision?

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
We don't even know at this stage if there was a car driver involved. Certainly I didn't see any car anywhere near the scene, just two buses.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Mad Doug Biker said:
How awful! did they get the identity of the car driver??

Seems as though she was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it is a First bus its likely there will be forward facing CCTV atleast. If there are several buses theres even more CCTV the Police could shift through.

It seems unclear from the article when I read it who had witnessed this car, or if it was an explanation given by the driver.

I seem to remember a bus half demolishing Walthamstow McDonalds recently.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Terrible.
I was on a bus and a car pulled out in front if it. The driver just kept straight and braked fairly normally. He hit the car, but said it was better that he hit the car than throw the passengers all over the bus.

Debian

I have no certain knowledge of this incident other than what I've read but it looks as though the bus swerved into the pavement to avoid a car that pulled out in front of it. If so that seems pretty poor driving on the part of the bus driver, it would have been better to brake but carry on straight, hitting the car instead of whoever happens to be in the way on the pavement.

EDIT: Just seen Mr Cellophane's post above.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I don't see how we can say the 'same thing' happened here as any other incident as it's too early to know how this tragedy occured.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ben Lovejoy said:
I don't see how we can say the 'same thing' happened here as any other incident as it's too early to know how this tragedy occured.

Absolutely. It is a bit early to cast blame about for this tragedy. It is also somewhat distasteful.

Top Bottom