Cyclist down A56 Lancs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I drove past an accident this morning on my way into work.

A cyclist was down on the A56 northbound a mile south of the M65 junction 8. There were a few cars and a Transit pick up stopped around him and he was lying on the road. :laugh:

Don't know if he is a forum member. He was wearing black lycra with green or yellow on the sleeves.
I see him most mornings working his up the hill being past by traffic at 70mph.

I hope he isn't seriously hurt.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nasty......

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why would any cyclist risk using that very fast dual carriageway? My cycling pal seems to like using it when he comes over from Rossendale. I never would, it's far too dangerous - and boring. I rode over on Sunday using the Burnley-Crawshawbooth-Rawtenstall road and back via Hawkshaw, Edgworth and the old Roman Road.

Globalti said:
Why would any cyclist risk using that very fast dual carriageway? My cycling pal seems to like using it when he comes over from Rossendale. I never would, it's far too dangerous - and boring. I rode over on Sunday using the Burnley-Crawshawbooth-Rawtenstall road and back via Hawkshaw, Edgworth and the old Roman Road.

Well, since one reply states

"I work with this man, we have been advised later today the he in fact suffered a brain haemorrhage whist cycling to work. I truely hope he makes a full recovery and everyone wishes him well.

Burner, perhaps try to be a little more sympathetic to people injured on the roads!"

Perhaps a busy road where he could be spotted instantly and reached quicker by the emergency services was the best place to be today, rather than a rural road where it may have been several minutes until someone saw and stopped to call an ambulance

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Well, since one reply states

"I work with this man, we have been advised later today the he in fact suffered a brain haemorrhage whist cycling to work. I truely hope he makes a full recovery and everyone wishes him well.

Eh?

Top Bottom