Cyclist Down - Amersham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WTF

handsome joe

What's going on in this country? First this poor bloke loses his wife, leaving him to raise three kids. But he can't do that now because he's killed on his way to work as a Hay warden??!!

That could easily be me on my commute. I am sick and tired of cycling on badly maintained roads, through grid locked traffic, sucking on fumes and feeling my head needs to be on a swivel because people can't drive properly. When is this Government and our local authorities going to stop pussy footing and implement something radical? Why can't we be a bit more adult and treat cyclists/cycling like they do in Denmark and the Netherlands for example? We are a small Island. We don't have the room for complete motor vehicle usage, especially our cities!

02GF74

Über Member
b*stard whoever it was. ...... and I cycle on that stretch regulalrly, last time some van in a side road pulled out in front of me like I wasn't there but years of cycling has taught me to expect that sort of thing so I avoided it no probs.

02GF74

Über Member
just saw this on the BBC local news and appears to be same spot as my incident. A ll I can remember mine involved a van, could be dark coulured so there is a similarity with this incident.

http://www.multimap.com/s/lX5ISR0T

hmmm, wonder if I should tell police? (haven't got more info. than what I have written).

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Not Amersham but Gerrards Cross

02GF74 said:
just saw this on the BBC local news and appears to be same spot as my incident. A ll I can remember mine involved a van, could be dark coulured so there is a similarity with this incident.

http://www.multimap.com/s/lX5ISR0T

hmmm, wonder if I should tell police? (haven't got more info. than what I have written).

Your map (Station Road, Amersham) is several miles from my understanding of where the incident in this thread occurred (Amersham Road - A413 - Gerrards Cross).

Or was there a new incident today? It's not like the TV news to report on an incident nearly a week after it occurred.

02GF74

Über Member
hmmm, dunno what the map is showing - my incident was where old amersham road joins the A413, shortly after the A413 joins the A 40.

there is no A413 in gerrards corss - the picutre on the telly seem to show it to be the same place.

the slip road (old amersham, rod) joins the A413 at a very shallow angle.

BTW I sent the info. via crimestoppers; unfortunately I have nothing that I can see that would help other than the possiblilty of it being same van hence it may be local - pure speculation.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Somewhere about here?

My reading of the original Bucks Free Press report is that it was a classic hit-and-run. Very unlikely to be the same person twice running.

02GF74

Über Member
I have it donw as here http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...archp=ids.srf&dn=787&ax=501932&ay=187434&lm=0

but now I am not so sure myself; it could wel be whre you pointed out - both have a road from left that joins A413 at an acute angle.

who know if it is the smae driver - if they drive around without looking out for cyclists, they may have done this many times, the last time they actually hit someone.

I know if I had not slowed down, I would have collided with the van.

Top Bottom