Cyclist down (and back up again) in Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I was riding into work around 6pm last night when I caught up with a cyclist at Bredbury who was riding with a Pringle shaped front wheel tied to his rucksack. When we got to the lights I commented that it was a strange way to carry a spare tyre and he told me he had just been knocked of his bike, but a passerby had stopped to see if he was alright and it turned out to be a cyclist who also happened to have a suitable spare wheel in his car which he then lent/gave? to the victim. We got chatting as we rode in the same direction for a mile or two and the cyclist explained that he was taken out by a motorist travelling from the other direction turning across his path. I did notice he had a very good front light so how the motorist had not spotted him is anyone's guess? The rider was on his way back to Wilmslow and I got the impression that this was his regular commute but didn't get the chance to ask where the other end of his journey was.

I wonder if it was anyone from on CycleChat? If it is and they read this then I hope you are still feeling ok after the adrenaline settled down, you were batting along at a fair old pace last night considering you had just been in an accident and were carrying a wheel on your back.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've donated tubes to strangers-in-need, but a wheel is a very generous donation/loan - well done that passerby! :smile:

Top Bottom