Cyclist Down - Didsbury Road, Heaton Mersey (Sth Mcr)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cyclist down on Didsbury Road near the Didsbury Road Primary school Heaton Mersey - looks like he was clipped from behind by a Stagecoach bus.

Older chap in a high viz top on a Pinarello FP series bike. Looked OK if a bit wobbly, being helped by driver and passengers on bus. The guy seemed OK - right hand shifter looked a bit wonky.

I was on a bus coming the other way (not back to cycle commuting yet for me).

It's a road I ride regular, and it's straight, but narrow in places. A colleague who lives in the area said it's notorious for it round there :wacko:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
GWS to that cyclist, hopefully all the damage was too the bike and not him!

tightwad

Cyclist down on Didsbury Road near the Didsbury Road Primary school Heaton Mersey - looks like he was clipped from behind by a Stagecoach bus.

Older chap in a high viz top on a Pinarello FP series bike. Looked OK if a bit wobbly, being helped by driver and passengers on bus. The guy seemed OK - right hand shifter looked a bit wonky.

I was on a bus coming the other way (not back to cycle commuting yet for me).

It's a road I ride regular, and it's straight, but narrow in places. A colleague who lives in the area said it's notorious for it round there :wacko:

I ride this road daily and passed the point after he was hit. Rear ended just after a pedestrian crossing which only last year was narrowed for pedestrian benefit. This road can be a right pain in the arse in several places because of recent road calming measures. The bus drivers are a nightmare causing endless problems for myself and friends who cycle up/down this road.
The chap who got knocked off was pushed violently onto the pavement where he crashed into the wall. Nose was badly damaged and side of face was gravel rashed. I will find out how he is and post hopefully good news.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Let us know if you find out.

I ride home along that road if I've either got to be back home pronto, or I'm taking a longer detour coming back from Manchester.

tightwad

Had confirmation from GMP that cyclist sustained only minor injuries. I hopefully will find out what action against bus driver and will post.

Top Bottom