Cyclist down - North Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
More get well soon wishes!

You and her both - it can be very scary when your otherhalf is in hospital.

Hope she's back out and about, on a new bike and pink top :thumbsup: soon as can be.

Tharg2007

Veteran
Sorry to hear this matty, I think its safe to say its everyones worst nightmare, the worst possible thing and I guess a very lucky escape.
Hope she makes a quick recovery.

Crankarm

Guru
I hope the b4stard that hit your gf and failed to stop is caught. Did any one get the car registration or a good look at the driver or even follow them and call the police at the same time?

+1 for all the above good wishes for your gf's recovery and hopefully around to be Mrs MB maybe?

OP
OP
M

mattybain

Crankarm said:
I hope the b4stard that hit your gf and failed to stop is caught. Did any one get the car registration or a good look at the driver or even follow them and call the police at the same time?

+1 for all the above good wishes for your gf's recovery and hopefully around to be Mrs MB maybe?

Yes the police were present and got all his details. In fact he has phoned the hospital a couple of times to see if she is ok. He has admitted fault to witnesses and police so that it is one less thing to worry about.

Like I said the guy from Strangeways was brilliant, apparently he stopped all the traffic, made sure she didn't move, got a space blanket out of his boot to keep her warm and phoned the police and ambulance. Amazing, just wish we knew his name to convey our thanks and gratitude.

All these SMIDSY's just make me mad, why can't the drivers slow down and just take a bit of time to assess the road before making their turns?

Thanks for the thoughts, I am going back to see her in a bit and hopefully will return with some better news!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Make sure you get the driver's details off the police as soon as possible. I've seen a few cycling crash stories where the police were alleged to have lost them.

Oh, and lawyer up right away. Alyson France of Bikeline seems to get a good rap.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Bad one Matty, best wishes to you both for a speedy recovery.
First aider sounds like he did a great job.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Jesus,makes my crunch sound small especially the broken neck bit ! Hope she has a full recovery and it does not put her off cycling.
The advice off this forum has been invaluable for me and i am sure it will for you,there is a lot of experience on this site.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
BentMikey said:
Make sure you get the driver's details off the police as soon as possible. I've seen a few cycling crash stories where the police were alleged to have lost them.

Oh, and lawyer up right away. Alyson France of Bikeline seems to get a good rap.

+ 1 on both,Alyson France is sorting my case out

Top Bottom