Cyclist down - North Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Best wishes from up here too. Hope everything heals properly.

OP
OP
M

mattybain

661-Pete said:
You talk of the motorist "trying to get through the gap in traffic". Was your GF filtering past a stationary line, perchance? Not trying to shift the blame, of course, the motorist was still at fault, but still, we all like to learn...

No not at all, that bit of Bury New Road moves quite freely and as far as I can make out traffic was free flowing at the time. The guy saw a gap in the traffic and put his foot down to make it through in time.

There was no filtering and no flashing of lights (of the car behind) to let the guy through. This was confirmed by several witnesses when the police asked. It seems he turned right and simply didn't see her.

I think the delay was waiting for the police and yes initally I think they thought it wasn't too serious.

I have just got back from hospital and she has just had a MRI scan, the radiologist needs to check it over properly tomorrow but at this stage it looks like a fracture in the neck but apparently it doesn't look too bad. She is now just in a neck brace and could finally have a drink and something to eat.

Origamist

Legendary Member
mattybain said:
I have just got back from hospital and she has just had a MRI scan, the radiologist needs to check it over properly tomorrow but at this stage it looks like a fracture in the neck but apparently it doesn't look too bad. She is now just in a neck brace and could finally have a drink and something to eat.

Thanks for the update, Matty. Glad things are not too bad for Ms MB.

mattybain said:
No not at all, that bit of Bury New Road moves quite freely and as far as I can make out traffic was free flowing at the time. The guy saw a gap in the traffic and put his foot down to make it through in time.
OK, thanks for clearing up that point and sorry for asking the 'negative' question (but then - someone would have been bound to ask it wouldn't they!).

Best of luck to the patient for her recovery! If she's conscious and doesn't, it seems, have problems with her arms and legs, must be encouraging.

bauldbairn

That's terrible! :smile: - hope she makes a quick full recovery!

D4VOW

mattybain said:
just wish we knew his name to convey our thanks and gratitude.

Try contacting the prison, I'm sure they will be able to find out and pass the message on.

Wishing your girlfriend a speedy and full recovery.

OP
OP
M

mattybain

Stig-OT-Dump said:
Out of interest - could low morning sun and damp roads have been part of the problem? The dazzling glare you can get off tarmac is pretty brutal.

Glad things are moving in the right direction, by the way.

It was at 7am, it was still pretty dark.

She's still in hospital, they think she will need an operation to stablise the neck now so it looks like she won't be out for awhile yet :tongue:

I picked the bike up from the police today, not actually looking too bad apart from the front wheel which is very badly buckled.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
mattybain said:

That's really good news.

She is gonna need (and deserves!) plenty of tlc...Hope you've stocked up on chocolate;)

Top Bottom