Cyclist down - North Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think my point is rather that if it's a steady light, it may be mistaken for a car headlight, brightness notwithstanding.
I will make an effort to check on-coming traffic next time I'm pedalling in the dark and see which cyclists stand out more... I must say, though, in general I've been pretty impressed with most cyclists up here lately, most seem to have decent lights / reflective goodies - or maybe I just don't see the ninjas!

OvertheHill

Über Member
eatmydust said:
no its an "Aspen" brace. lots of framework,velcro and even a crank button, to crank my chin up!...
hey maybe i should put my monkey lights on my brace fro christmas:biggrin:

Hi I hope you don't think I'm being too intrusive but how are you now?

eatmydust

OvertheHill said:
Hi I hope you don't think I'm being too intrusive but how are you now?

hi there. no not at all! but things are not too good. i wore the brace for over 2 months, and changed consultants at the hospital (as the first one left). the new consultant, at my follow up appointment, was appauled that i had not had an operation to stabilize my neck at the beginning. he said no amount of wearing a brace will put the dislocated bones back. if i dont have the op my neck will always be weak and he recommends no contact sports/snowboarding for life!!! so i am about to have this operation and am just waiting for a date to go in.
its funny you should post, as i was about to make my first cycle journey to work this morning (conditions permitting) since the accident, but it was quite icy when i got up this morning and didnt want to risk too much. hopefully i will try tomorrow. I got my new helmet, kit, super lights all ready to go!
i feel so unfit i cant wait to get going again, but after this op, i will be out of action for a while longer!:laugh:

eatmydust

oh and BTW... the driver that hit me, was prosecuted by the police, because he did an illegal "no right turn", and wasnt paying attention. but he chose to do a 1 day Driver Alertness course, paid by himself. i hope he learned form it!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
eatmydust said:
oh and BTW... the driver that hit me, was prosecuted by the police, because he did an illegal "no right turn", and wasnt paying attention. but he chose to do a 1 day Driver Alertness course, paid by himself. i hope he learned form it!!
Well, he won't do that again in a hurry! :laugh:

Should have been: Lose licence for 5 years with compulsory retraining & new driving test after the suspension ends, a large fine and a suspended prison sentence!

Good luck with the operation and your future recovery.

eatmydust

ColinJ said:
Well, he won't do that again in a hurry! ;)

Should have been: Lose licence for 5 years with compulsory retraining & new driving test after the suspension ends, a large fine and a suspended prison sentence!

Good luck with the operation and your future recovery.

.(thanks for that).........and to add to that.....to cycle to work in those 5 years!!!
yey! ColinJ for president:laugh:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
It's great to hear that you were ready to get back on your bike, EMD, even if that's now going to have to wait a bit.

I'm also pleased to hear that the driver didn't get away completely scot-free.

It's inconceivable that anyone could negligently come close to killing you with any other weapon and recieve such a light punishment. Somehow, with a car, it's OK.

But that's a rant for another thread...

Glad to hear you're mended.

OvertheHill

Über Member
eatmydust said:
hi there. no not at all! but things are not too good. i wore the brace for over 2 months, and changed consultants at the hospital (as the first one left). the new consultant, at my follow up appointment, was appauled that i had not had an operation to stabilize my neck at the beginning. he said no amount of wearing a brace will put the dislocated bones back. if i dont have the op my neck will always be weak and he recommends no contact sports/snowboarding for life!!! so i am about to have this operation and am just waiting for a date to go in.
its funny you should post, as i was about to make my first cycle journey to work this morning (conditions permitting) since the accident, but it was quite icy when i got up this morning and didnt want to risk too much. hopefully i will try tomorrow. I got my new helmet, kit, super lights all ready to go!
i feel so unfit i cant wait to get going again, but after this op, i will be out of action for a while longer!:rolleyes:

Thanks for replying - I hope it all goes well - best wishes

chap

Veteran
My goodness, I'm sorry that happened. Glad to hear you are recovering though, all the best.

Top Bottom