Cyclist down - North Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
So sorry to hear about you girlfriend's accident. What a horrible thing to happen.

I hope she makes a speedy recovery and that you are okay too.

When she is feeling up to it show her this thread so she knows she has got lots of support!!

Best wishes to both of you.

trio25

Über Member
Horrible, hope she makes a good recovery. I hate reading about things like this but especially on roads I sometimes commute on.

Lots of cycling mags purchased for her to read in hospital?

HobbesChoice

Thanks for keeping us updated Matty. The comaraderie on this site is so strong that it actually makes me feel like I know you both, so I genuinely wish you both all the very best.

Just wish there was more I could do :tired:

J4CKO

All the best to you and her, horrific thing to happen.

One heartening thing, that apart from the bad driving the motorist does actually sound concerned and sorry, also he stopped which I would have thought was a given but sadly not, my uncle got knocked of his motorbike and quite badly injured and the driver just scuttled off, I wonder if they have any conscience once they do this ?

Hope she has a speedy recovery and it doesnt put her off riding again, for me something like that, apart from the injuries I would really feel like I have lost something if injured and subsequently felt like it had put me off or my family wanted me to stop.

OP
OP
M

mattybain

J4CKO said:
Hope she has a speedy recovery and it doesnt put her off riding again, for me something like that, apart from the injuries I would really feel like I have lost something if injured and subsequently felt like it had put me off or my family wanted me to stop.

No she is determined to get back on her bike, however she will be getting the brightest front light money can buy for Christmas! her light was quite bright but I can't help thinking if it was really really really bright then the motorist might have seen her.

Thank god he did stop and the police got all his details, it would be horrible if someone had driven off like in your uncle's case. That is the worst kind of person, at least as you say this guy showed some remorse.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Adding my best wishes too.

Treat her to a pair of Dinotte lights for xmas. :-)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Matty,

glad to hear she's doing ok under the cirsumstances!
Hope you're keeping you chin up too!

eatmydust

hey guys! I'M home at last! (Mrs Matty)
wow... a big thankyou for all the support and concern you have shown. after much debillitation, i didnt need an op, and should heal with this monstrous neck brace i am now sporting for the next 6-8 weeks.
its been lovely reading you posts, and I'm sure the site will keep me further entertained during my time off work..
and ironically... the day after my accident, my new "monkeylectric" light arrived from the USA. bet the driver would have seen me with that baby flashing...I will have to wait a while to try it out now :smile:
and just to say how wonderful everyone has been. especially Matty himself. poor guy got the phone call (everyone dreads) from the paramedic, and then had to cycle all the way back home again after just arriving at work (14 miles each way) to come see me!
thanks again guys!
Jax
xxx

Top Bottom