Cyclist down: Peckham (Thanks)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Howdo.

Just a quick note to say "thank you very much" to the anonymous cyclist who kindly looped back in Friday's rush hour, when my training buddy for LEL took a tumble into a pothole.

I was the one on the orange recumbent. He was the one on/off the black Marin (now sporting a newly wonky rear wheel). You were the one in the hi-viz jacket heading through Peckham, 50m ahead of us, and looping back from the rail bridge when the sound of his wrist hitting tarmac slammed into you.

We followed your advice and got him to a hospital pronto. Xray showed what looked like a landslide on his radius, with the bulk of the bone end being about 5mm nearer his elbow than one would necessarily hope.

By the time the adrenalin had faded, he was already sporting a nicely warming cast on his lower arm. 6 weeks in plaster ahead of us, then 6 weeks of ligament recovery.

Thanks again for your assistance, concern and support. We both very much appreciate it.

Puts my faith back in the human race,which is at a very low ebb at the moment.

Hope your mate is ok.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

He'll be good. Just not quite yet. Is a single parent with a one year old, so going a couple of months one handed is going to be hard hard work.

You're right though. Its good to know that people are around to help. Even he feels somewhat restored for knowing that somebody will be around to pick him up.

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Lol. Who knows what strange powers a Green tea and lotus flower tinctus disguise? If it hadn't been for those pesky Xrays, you'd have got away with it too.

Top Bottom