Cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
In tooting between tooting rail station and figge's marsh. Went past at around 6.40pm.
Drivers side window was smashed. Bike stuck under the front of the car with a broken radiator. Rider was walking around and had no cuts or limps that where apparent. Drivers head was cut.
Bike in not such a good condition, wheel completely wrecked with most of the spokes bent. Frame not so sure about.

I had a quick chat to the rider, but he had other stuff on his mind. If anyone knows him. Let him know i do have some video of the scene if he requires it.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-30 at 19.52.45.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-30 at 19.52.45.png
    431.5 KB · Views: 441
ouch... looks like he had a lucky escape there gaz.. the bonnet of the car looks well goosed and guessing the radiator went too.. must of been quite an impact...

Trumpettom001

Windscreens are hard enough to break - but the radiator?!?! how did that happen.....?

Somehow it makes me feel good that in a collision involving a car and cyclist, the car is the one leaking fluid all over tha road!

Tynan

Veteran
hard from that to see what happened

wild guess is something head on to break the radiator and given the car is on the right side of the main road ...

Ben1982

The car actually looks in worse condition than the bike in that picture. Glad to see he's ok though.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
In tooting between tooting rail station and figge's marsh. Went past at around 6.40pm.
Drivers side window was smashed. Bike stuck under the front of the car with a broken radiator. Rider was walking around and had no cuts or limps that where apparent. Drivers head was cut.
Bike in not such a good condition, wheel completely wrecked with most of the spokes bent. Frame not so sure about.

I had a quick chat to the rider, but he had other stuff on his mind. If anyone knows him. Let him know i do have some video of the scene if he requires it.

Is that both wheels bent? Rear-ender?

Radiator fluid can go if the bumper has been forced up and in, and the supply pipe damaged cant it?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Bloody hell ! thats taken some doing to damage the car like that,looks like the rider is ok even if the bike is foobarred.

Considering the state of the car, I'd say the cyclist was bl00dy lucky! Bikes can be replaced or repaired. Riders less easily! Hope he gets compensation.

I did that sort of damage to my car once (stoved-in front, busted radiator). Luckily there was no cyclist (nor anyone else) involved: I burst a tyre and ran off the road. It was mostly my fault. The car was a write-off. :sad:

I'm wondering if, the reason the rider got off so lightly, was that he leapt off the bike just before it went under? That happened to me once, many years ago when I was a lad. I saw the car bearing down on me and sprang back just in time. The car went over the bike which was a total wreck, but I was unhurt.

taxing

Might it be an idea to ring the police non-emergency number and tell them you have footage of the accident? It's unlikely that anyone on here will know him.

Jezston

Über Member
I go through that place twice a day. Awkward bit of road and a lot of stupid behaviour. I suspect another vehicle is involved, possibly related to the Lidl to the side.

That's what i'd have thought too. Too much damage for it just to be a bike, surely?

Top Bottom