Cyclist fatality Southwark bridge today, lorry collision.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

been sent this:

Deadly September

Monday 8th
Lisa Pontecorvo, 64, was killed in collision with a Mercedes concrete
mixer on a Holloway Road junction in Islington at 5.30pm.

Thursday 18th
Nick Wright, a 40-year-old father-of-two, died after a morning collision
with a truck as he cycled to work along Upper Thames Street in the City.

Thursday 18th
Later that day at around 8.30pm Graham Thwaites, 51, was killed in
Orpington after colliding with a blue Mitsubishi Shogun at a junction.

Wednesday 24th
Wan-Chen McGuiness, a 31-year-old woman, was killed as a lorry made a
left turn in Holborn at around 6.30 in the morning at a junction between
Southampton Row and Vernon Place.

Origamist

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
I would expect that there have been more cyclist deaths than that in an average month?

At current levels, there are on average 11 or 12 cyclist fatalites a month - the data above relates to London and one home county and is therefore (sadly) not representative of the country as a whole.

Accident today apparently.Cycled to work today but avoided Lower/Upper Thames street and Southwark Bridge due to the fact that the roadworks are atrocious and make the route hazardous for cyclists.(Also the road is full of potholes due to the same lorries bombarding the same every day)The roadworks begin just before Prescott Street Aldwych making a pinch point there.I have diverted via Bank for the last two days.I missed a motorcyclist work colleague apparently who had been assisting a pedestrian who had been hit by a lorry while he was walking on the pavement apparently.Apparently the lorry bounced up but apart from that,that's all I know.

PBancroft

I would be interested to see a list of all fatal "accidents" involving and when and how they occurred.

I think that they would make very powerful reading for the chaps and chapesses at the dft.

Top Bottom