Cyclist hit by Range Rover doing blind overtake.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
BBC report.

Incident happened on A81 near Balfron in Stirlingshire. Some utter lowlife in a Range Rover overtaking on a blind bend hit a cyclist and didn't bother stopping. Why is it that these clowns never seem to have head on collisions with a fully laden artic coming in the opposite direction? Now that would be karma, assuming no harm done to the poor lorry driver.
Yesterday I did my first long-ish drive since the coronavirus thing kicked off. The amount of sheer nobbery going on on the roads was gob-smackingly bad; much worse than I remember from 3 months ago. What has got into people in the last 3 months? The general selfishness which was glaringly obvious before, has multiplied ten fold - and not just on the roads.
Sometimes I want to go back to full lockdown and just lock myself away from the feckwits. :sad:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Appalling, good reason to have a camera.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There are some idiots on the road. I've only done 1 x 100 mile drive (coast and back) early on a cold windy Sunday morning, and it was quiet - that was 6 weeks ago. Traffic busy locally, but the amount of engine screaming says no police nor enough traffic to slow the idiots.

Sharky

Guru
The write up seems a bit confusing.
- Refers to a head-on incident with a range rover
but
- He is not thought to have suffered serious injuries. (but was found unconscious!)

Hopefully the Range Rover will be found and the full facts revealed.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Them Range Rovers, they're terrible. They should lock them up and throw away the key. That'll learn 'em.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The Fekwits do seem to have taken over the roads this year!

Before lunch I walked past the aftermath of a serious collision just a couple of blocks from my house. 3 cars involved, scattered across the road with heavy damage and airbags gone off. At least a dozen emergency vehicles (all 3 in attendance) and looked like 50 personnel dealing with the scene and surrounding traffic management, very resource consuming.
Judging by the damage and vehicle positions I would hazard a guess that at least one of the vehicles was travelling at 50mph or more. It's a 30 limit road past a row of shops and with side roads!
I didn't get a chance to look too closely (and didn't want to) but the 3 cars seemed to be a BMW, a Mercedes c class and an Astra GTC. Typical fekwit cars IME.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yes, having a video of your demise is really going to make you feel so much better.

My bike isn't equipped with front & rear cameras to make me feel better about my demise, it's to make it more difficult for my killer to escape justice or avoid an insurance payout to my widow.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I cycle the roads in the Balfron area quite a bit. During lockdown, there was very little traffic initially but a lot of what remained were taking advantage of the empty single track roads to go rallying. After a couple of weeks, the back roads filled up with younger people driving into the country to meet up with their mates - these included a lot of the boy/girl racer types who drove like nutters and the abuse of cyclists started up again. It's been back to normal levels for weeks now but a lot of people are still driving like the roads are empty.

Slick

Guru
Makes perfect sense to have a camera fitted to the bike. :okay:

I cycle there from time to time and thought we were going to be hit head on from a driver deliberately coming at us but it turned out he was coming round a bend looking for something in his cab and the car drifted over almost entirely on to our side of the road. :eek:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The write up seems a bit confusing.
- Refers to a head-on incident with a range rover
but
- He is not thought to have suffered serious injuries. (but was found unconscious!)

Hopefully the Range Rover will be found and the full facts revealed.
And we must remember that two sets of drivers failed to stop, also

Johnno260

Veteran
I live very close to a blind corner on a 30mph limit and see someone overtaking on it daily.

It's a joke I have seen, witnessed and been a victim of accidents here and no one learns, speeds people are doing are totally not acceptable either.

Top Bottom