Cyclist needs to make complaint, do you know him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
This may have been posted but it needs all the publicity it can get, someone in red car throws bottle at cyclist.

Last edited:

Will Spin

Über Member
?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Nobber in a red hatchback throwing something (bottle?) at the cyclist. Would be nice for the Old Bill to be involved as driver as well as passenger need a little special attention!

Salar

A fish out of water
Happened to me in France, idiot through a cup of coffee out of car window at me.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
How would the car driver like a bottle thrown at his car - probably would make him very unhappy indeed.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
SEAT IBIZA CHILL, REG YD11 VGT, Insured and MOT checked. First registered March 2011

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think they did but the police can't take action unless the cyclist comes forward to make a complaint
Really? I didn't think that was the case. Surely the bottle chucker has committed an offence whether the chuckee reports it or not. Has the motorcyclist contacted the OB?

Drago

Legendary Member
Really? I didn't think that was the case. Surely the bottle chucker has committed an offence whether the chuckee reports it or not. Has the motorcyclist contacted the OB?

Wot Jim said. There's evidence of an offence, common assault + deposit an item on or above a highway which could endanger the user of a highway, so if the motorcyclist reports it the police must record the crime.

Whether the CPS would prosecute without a victim is a different matter entirely, but if the chump in the car has no or very little previous he'd be eligible for a caution anyway should he admit it, and with the quality of the evidence it'd be a bit hard not to cough that.

Top Bottom