Cyclist needs to make complaint, do you know him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wot Jim said. There's evidence of an offence, common assault + deposit an item on or above a highway which could endanger the user of a highway, so if the motorcyclist reports it the police must record the crime.

Whether the CPS would prosecute without a victim is a different matter entirely, but if the chump in the car has no or very little previous he'd be eligible for a caution anyway should he admit it, and with the quality of the evidence it'd be a bit hard not to cough that.
Am I right in thinking that all offences are technically committed against the crown?

Drago

Legendary Member
The common assault would be charged against "person unknown", and the other one would indeed be Regina.

I would assume it's more a policy than a legal issue. Police don't have the resources to pursue every offence, so maybe choosing to skip assaults where no injury was sustained and the victim has not reported the crime allows them to focus on crimes where the victim has reported it.

Jody

Stubborn git
Wot Jim said. There's evidence of an offence, common assault + deposit an item on or above a highway which could endanger the user of a highway, so if the motorcyclist reports it the police must record the crime.

Whether the CPS would prosecute without a victim is a different matter entirely, but if the chump in the car has no or very little previous he'd be eligible for a caution anyway should he admit it, and with the quality of the evidence it'd be a bit hard not to cough that.

I am only going by the post that I saw on Facebook by the biker. It could just be clickbait to get Youtube hits.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Personal to @Afnug: Please stop posting videos like puzzles for us to solve. Explain what we are looking for. Similarly, don't make us sit through a boring 150sec video instead of typing "they found a knife"

Not exactly a personal message is it, if you don't like my posts don't follow the link, or put me on ignore.

The knife video is exactly as posted on FaceBook with the same text, I am not going to explain everything, as I have said if you don't like it don't read it.

Last edited:
Not exactly a personal message is it, if you don't like my posts don't follow the link, or put me on ignore.

The knife video is are exactly as posted on FaceBook with the same text, I am not going to explain everything, as I have said if you don't like it don't read it.
Ah, well you see up to now I'd assumed you were trying to communicate and was suggesting a way you could do it more effectively. But if you are just parroting click bait from social media with no thought input of your own, I guess I'll probably have to take your advice.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

Does it have to be the motorcyclist, or could anyone do it? For example, could you as someone who has seen the video report it?

Lonestar

Veteran
Took me a few views to spot it, but it should be reported.

Wow I saw it straight away.Makes a change for me.:wacko:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd have reported it myself, but as Stevie says the rider might not think its a big deal. However, that doesn't mean the car bod wasn't naughty, and if another witness reported the matter the feds should still progress the matter as much as they're able.

I had this clown throw a coke can at me, call me a self-gratification artist and swerved in a me the other month...........all because I was in front of him at the lights.

Screenshot.png

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
There is nothing to stop the cyclist himself reporting it. Maybe like me. He didnt think it worth reporting.

Like you I would not have reported it ( if I had known there was video evidence I may have done) and dismissed it as a car load of idiots showing off, but it could have been much worse if the thrown object had gone in the spokes or hit the rider in the face, I posted it as there is a Facebook campaign to find the rider who may or may not report it if he knows there is video evidence.

Top Bottom