Cyclists Always Say Hello But Joggers Not So Much.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
Years ago, I had a 1965 Morris Minor 1000 and they were not uncommon on the roads at the time.

But whenever you saw one approaching, you always gave a flash of your lights and maybe a smile in recognition of your shared passion (although in my case, it was a very cheap car to buy at the time and I really wanted a Ford Capri).

Same on a bike. Pretty much every other cyclist I've met on the roads has waved, smiled, some have shouted "hi" and all have been genuinely friendly.

I see a few joggers on the last stretch of country lane I do (it's part of a popular local circuit used by the local running clubs).

Each time, I pass them with a very wide berth and I call out "good evening".

Never had a single response?

Do joggers have a problem with cyclists or is it simply because they are too puffed out to speak?

I always say hello to cyclists as I ride past or at least give them a nod or wave my hand.

Is @ianrauk still doing that kerching! thing?
Haha what kerching thing?

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
I think you are right, joggers can’t possibly be enjoying what they are doing so grumpiness will set in and you never get a hello or a wave whereas cyclists are a completely different breed so jazz hands from me every time!👋👋👋👋
I tried running years ago in London. I used to do a circuit around Harrow On The Hill with a mate of mine and I hated every minute of it.

All I used to wonder was "when will this be over"?

If someone had whizzed past me on a bike back then and said "good evening" I'd have thought "WTAF mate! Are you taking the piss or something?"

I tried running years ago in London. I used to do a circuit around Harrow On The Hill with a mate of mine and I hated every minute of it.

All I used to wonder was "when will this be over"?

If someone had whizzed past me on a bike back then and said "good evening" I'd have thought "WTAF mate! Are you taking the piss or something?"
I tried running before I took up cycling, did 3 months- 3 times a week and I just didn't enjoy it at all! Just painful! Cycling is the way to go.:becool:

DRM

Guru
I've had one or two joggers say hi usually when on the canal towpath, also get a thanks for slowing down, backing off, and letting them go through when the paths are busy, or when I've let them know I'm behind & they go to one side so I can pass, & I go wide opposite, rather than just go barreling past like some do.

Top Bottom