Cyclists And Other Sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chewy

I'm into Formula 1 (though I don't drive much these days!!!) and really enjoy my badminton.

Then there's this two wheeled thingy I have.....

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Rugby league is a gentleman's game played by thugs. Rugby union is a thug's game played by gentlemen ^_^
you have it wrong, its Football is a gentlemans game played by thugs, rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen.

anyhoo, union is just mass pile-ons with the inclusion of a ball, there are about as much tactics involved as there are when nailing pictures to the wall ;)
pete

Dan151

Play football for my local boozer so the off road uphill keeps me fit for that. I've been known to stay up all night waiting for boxing in America. Also love F1 and any sort of rallying.

Fmonkey

I go away every year for 4 month and compete in Biathlion Skiing ( skiing up and down hills and shooting)
Took cycling up for summer :-)

Willo

In terms of participating, have done a bit of running in the past until too many injuries led me to cycling which I enjoy much more than I ever did the running (although still run once a week and enter the odd local 10k race). I used to fish quite a lot (if we're counting that as a sport) and, in fact, have been published writing about fishing on a couple of occassions.

Follow football which takes up much of my time in the winter months - much of my family hails from Manchester and I've followed United all over since being a lad and, despite having to curtail my obsession in more recent years with a young family etc., I still get to a good few games including some overseas.

Berties

Fast and careful!
skeet and english sporting shooting,rugby never got out the scrum but did move back,now help train my youngest son ,cycling,swim and run, squash,sea fishing,got a rib in dry at moment any water sports!! motorsports as thruxton is close by,and crash round some local green lanes in a off roader,was a keen boxer and pretty good at judo all fighting in my younger years,i also used to dive ,have spent too long in gyms over the years,taken part in loads of gym classes such as body pump,still enjoy pilates so have also been busy:training:

Gixer Rob

love my World and British Superbikes and MotoGP,,,
also like watching England Rugby Union games..
did 3yrs semi pro Mixed Martial Arts in my early 30's and raced 125cc 2 stroke Karts (dont call em 'go karts'!! :cursing: :smile:) as a young man.....
then this push-iron bug bit me and ive watched every stage of the TDF so far!!!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't really 'do sports' but when I was at school escaping the school bullies the PE teacher realised that I would excel at 100m, 200m sprints and the long jump so I was 'volunteered' into the school team. Running fast for a chromed plastic medal wasn't as much an incentive as avoiding a thorough beating up and I never really enjoyed it.

Later in life I got into motorsport, MGB racing and Land Rover off road trials, but I don't do either any more.

I am interested in looking at the compact tractor pulling scene and seeing if there is an electric category that I might slot into.

Top Bottom