Cyclists Blamed for Bus Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
As I said, I'm not speculating on whether they were the cause or anything, just observing that there are cyclists in that image.

Deletion of the tweets would be the normal approach following legal advice, and wouldnt in itself prove guilt or innocence.

From memory, the bus company apologised for the tweet and said cyclists were not the cause of the crash.

gaijintendo

Veteran
As I said, I'm not speculating on whether they were the cause or anything, just observing that there are cyclists in that image.

Deletion of the tweets would be the normal approach following legal advice, and wouldnt in itself prove guilt or innocence.

From what I understand, cycling is popular in Cambridge. That picture shows a cyclist, but it also shows a bus otherwise blocking the road.
The photo could be any amount of time after the accident. I assume the Ambulance didn't just happen to be there.

I don't think there is any real merit in trying to establish if the cyclists were imaginary or not. There will be footage, and there is telemetry: which showed he was speeding as he approached the busway, if I read the article correctly.

From what I understand, cycling is popular in Cambridge. That picture shows a cyclist, but it also shows a bus otherwise blocking the road.
The photo could be any amount of time after the accident. I assume the Ambulance didn't just happen to be there.

I don't think there is any real merit in trying to establish if the cyclists were imaginary or not. There will be footage, and there is telemetry: which showed he was speeding as he approached the busway, if I read the article correctly.

Tut.

Some people on here went "I bet there weren't any cyclists really" and made a load of crass statements about drivers blaming crashes on imaginary things.

I'm simply saying that the image shows cyclists, which suggests that they may have been there, even if it was the busman's fault. Can't you read??

gaijintendo

Veteran
Tut.

Some people on here went "I bet there weren't any cyclists really" and made a load of crass statements about drivers blaming crashes on imaginary things.

I'm simply saying that the image shows cyclists, which suggests that they may have been there, even if it was the busman's fault. Can't you read??

It is a road. There may be cyclists. I am not sure you really observed anything helpful.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Come on - it can't be easy being a bus driver when your only role models are Stan Butler and Keanu Reeves...

;)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The driver tells his side of the story to the local anti-cycling rag.

Apparently, the way to safely avoid cyclists is to speed up...

"I accept that I exceeded the speed limit when overtaking the cyclists but I needed to pass them quickly to avoid an incident - and it for this that I was punished."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/busway-crash-driver-ive-been-13380912
Someone tell the idiot that the way to avoid cyclists is to brake, not speed up. :cursing:

Top Bottom