Cyclists' hearts: Why elite cyclists die in their sleep (7 min video)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

Slick

Guru
Every time I try to read anything of this nature I seem to come over all uncomfortable, not sure why.

Colin_P

Guru
I hate it when maths and facts get in the way of a good story.

Yes, apparently the shock threshold algorithm uses lots of maths.

jcr60009f1.png

Slick

Guru
Only one in the family that it's happened to, and I've had mine.
My brother was always a bit of an athlete whilst I was the teenage rebel that carried on for far too many years, yet he was the first to suffer. I know he must question this in his own mind, as I know I do.

Colin_P

Guru
Colin, that was a glib comment, please don't think for a minute I was disbelieving anything you posted. I know of one other guy who required this but he had to give up work and never goes out at all now.

It is tricky, there is the survivor guilt thing and also the what/when if's...

I still somehow manage to do about 2,000 (very slow) miles every year on the bike.

Again, to everyone.... just be careful and build up. Don't try and max you HR just because you can. A cardiac arrest is rare but if by some quirk you are suceptable there is normally no coming back, I am incredibly lucky.

However....... it is totally painless.

classic33

Leg End Member
My brother was always a bit of an athlete whilst I was the teenage rebel that carried on for far too many years, yet he was the first to suffer. I know he must question this in his own mind, as I know I do.
And you could worry yourself to death, just thinking about it.

Slick

Guru
It is tricky, there is the survivor guilt thing and also the what/when if's...

I still somehow manage to do about 2,000 (very slow) miles every year on the bike.

Again, to everyone.... just be careful and build up. Don't try and max you HR just because you can. A cardiac arrest is rare but if by some quirk you are suceptable there is normally no coming back, I am incredibly lucky.

However....... it is totally painless.
Good man. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom